Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been told that unless the employeer is asking for more, resumes should be one page, listing your last three jobs that involved skills that apply to the position you're writing the resume for. Any time between those jobs can be explained during the interview. You want to shoot for quick, concise, and easy to quickly eyeball for the important information.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
      Bad memory? That was over 10 years ago. I can't remember *when* I worked everywhere, especially those positions of shorter duration.
      That's why I have my jobs written up on a list, with dates and everything, so I don't have to try to remember.

Isn't a resume only supposed to have the highlights of the last ten-fifteen years or so (or your last three or four jobs)? A four-page resume seems like overkill, especially since you're supposed to leave the details to the actual job application.
      Last edited by XCashier; 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The other thing I had heard is that as long as it doesn't leave gaps, you can skip jobs. i.e. if you worked one place 2008-05 to 2009-01, another 2009-01 to 2009-05 and then somewhere else 2009-05 to present, you can always just list 2008-2009, 2009-present and skip the middle job entirely.

Comment

I've been told that, in my field, that longer is better.

I just hit 3 pages on mine.
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
          X