Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it wasn't for stuipidity, I would be unemployed...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
    I can't directly respond to that without compromising my secret identity. Let's just say you've identified at least one of my competitors
    I deal with twits from two that start with C and one that starts with J, typically. Frothing twits. They're seriously THE stupidest lot I deal with at work. Not even the 867 crowd beats them and thats saying something.

Comment

If it wasn't for stupidity, I would be unemployed...

Sadly this doesn't ever really change as that's one of my mother's favorite sayings about her practice. Apparently the difference between Criminal Law and Cell Phone Support is nil.

The full saying from her is.

'The world is full of stupid people and if it wasn't for the stupid people I wouldn't have a job'

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Not even the 867 crowd beats them and thats saying something.
        Actually, you're in Canada, aren't you? So we probably don't share customers after all. The similarities are eerie though.

Maybe we mirror each other. They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere. You, as a Canadian (and male) doppleganger me, take Canadian psycho versions of my customers. Although, by definition, one's double is supposed to be good or evil, the polar opposite of the one's self. Which begs the question: Which of us is would that be? Maybe it's like Chaotic Evil vs Neutral Evil.

If, by some chance we were ever to meet, the very fabric of the universe would unravel.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
          Actually, you're in Canada, aren't you? So we probably don't share customers after all. The similarities are eerie though.

Maybe we mirror each other. They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere. You, as a Canadian (and male) doppleganger me, take Canadian psycho versions of my customers. Although, by definition, one's double is supposed to be good or evil, the polar opposite of the one's self. Which begs the question: Which of us is would that be? Maybe it's like Chaotic Evil vs Neutral Evil.

If, by some chance we were ever to meet, the very fabric of the universe would unravel.

Canadian yes, but I'd wager at *least* 40% of our clients are American companies and they probably account for the majority of my company's high end client traffic. The caller group I'm referring to is exclusively from Tennessee, Arizona and Texas in that order of frequency. Memphis is by far the worst city for it too. ><

95% of our tech support lines are in fact, American. But only one of them is cell phone related. So trust me I get tons of American idiots too. A couple of them are international as well so now and then I get a retard from Europe or the Middle East just to keep things interesting.

Main difference is the idiots from Europe and the Middle east are really really nice and polite about it. As are Australians (Aussies are universally friendly folk...and for some reason strangely drawn to me in the street). The 867 crew isn't malicious, just extremely confused.

No offense to my Yankee brethren but it seems like your breed of idiot goes off on a tantrum on me at the drop of a hat even if its their fault or has absolutely nothing to do with my company. You have my pity for having the share the same geographical location with them. ><

I'll avoid crossing the border. I wouldn't want to be personally responsible for the end of creation. ;p Well, 5 or 10 more years of customer service and maybe I would. But not just yet....

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            Financial Genius

SM: I don't want to pay more than $40.00 a month.
            ME: But you pay an average of $150 a month because you consistently go over your minutes. This plan would be $49.99 a month but it would actually lower your bills by about $100 per month.
            SM: Yeah, but I don't want to pay more than $40 a month, so I'll just leave the plan where it is.

B-but... Don't you...? I mean... You...
            Ah, let 'em pay the higher rate. Think of it as a Stupidity Tax.

You and Gravekeeper really ought to get together...
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
              Maybe it's like Chaotic Evil vs Neutral Evil.
              Let us not forget that the most evil of all will always be Lawful Evil....it's what makes Paladins tick and the babyfood of dystopias...
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Ah, let 'em pay the higher rate. Think of it as a Stupidity Tax.

You and Gravekeeper really ought to get together...
                Are you saying you really want the world to end?

Comment

Well, I do like Doritos.
                  Last edited by Kara; 04-19-2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Maybe just the human part of it.

Today I actually had to leave my manager a note not only about a cell phone, but the fact that when she calls the customer he will be hostile. Not may be, will be. He will hear from her exactly what I and the other manager already told him, and that we do not have loaner phones while his is gone for 2 - 4 weeks. He did not want to hear that from us.

Even though this is the guy who bought the phones for his company, he did not choose to get insurance on any of the lines and is trying to claim mechanical defect for warranty repair. He claims he's had his Motorola E815 for a year and already it is falling apart.

Time remaining on a 2 yr contract - 540ish days....the phone is coming apart at the bottom casing and he had duct taped a Wilson adapter to the back. Just by looking at it more than likely Motorola will send it back right off saying 'operator abuse'.

Sob.
                    "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Who knows, it might be replaced by something better!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        Well, I do like Doritos.
                        Nacho cheese would be a pretty anti-climatic way for it to go

Comment

Yet it would be somehow fitting. Plus, their new slogan is "Snack Strong." It doesn't get much stronger than destroying all creation.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                            Yet it would be somehow fitting. Plus, their new slogan is "Snack Strong." It doesn't get much stronger than destroying all creation.
                            Good point. They should make a commercial out of that.

It does seem a fitting end. Not war nor famine nor plague....just a whiff of nacho cheese powder and perhaps a belated "Oh snap."

Comment

Working...
                            X