This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not stricly retail, but related.

Right a few moths ago I was at the station getting a train home when suddenly an alarm starts to sound and over the PA I hear "This is a security aleart. Evacuate by your nearist exit immediatly." This was repaeated and a few times and as most of us start to leave theres people looking so pissed off and bitching about how its all the staffs fault! some did'nt even leave!

I can't belive they can blame the staff. Oh look someones left there bag unattended, hmm, lets just leave it there, i'm sure it'll be allright. Do thsese people not understand there being told to leave for thier own safety.

A women at work a couple of weeks ago left her rucksack on the floor of an isle and then wonderd off lese where, myself and a manager, having asked people near by if it was there, were considering if we needed to evacuate or not (it looked suspicous, and we are in a large city centre) and this women comes over and says what are you dong with my bag (we hadd'nt touched it, were just looking at it). I then said is this yours and she said yes, so I told her that its a security risk and she musn't leave it unattended. She then goes off on one telling me how dare I look at her bag and she'll do what she wants. I then informed her if its left again it will be reomved by our security staff and may be damaged or destroyed, and walked off. She was still ranting but I think she got the idea.

I am just amazed how dumb people are, you'd think after all the bombings and things that happen people would use there brain, but no.

Scott.

Quoth asopu10 View Post
    I then said is this yours and she said yes, so I told her that its a security risk and she musn't leave it unattended. She then goes off on one telling me how dare I look at her bag and she'll do what she wants.
    Scott.
    "No, ma'am, you CANNOT do what you want. If you want to continue shopping here you'll abide by the basic safety rules just like everybody else."
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Yeah I never understood things like that. When I was in highschool we often had bomb threats (never, until I moved to florida had I ever had a bomb threat at school) but people would moan and complain about having to evacuate the building and I was thinking, what if one time it WAS real? you wouldn't be complaining then...... plus I was happy to get out of doing school work
      "I've come to realize that ever since I started working, everyday is a little bit worse then the day before...so that means every day is the worst day of my life..."
      - Office Space

Comment

Working...
      X