This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misunderstanding Elders.

Lady walks in at three minutes after we closed the buffet, Friend is more upset than she is.

I explain that there is a BBQ pizza in the oven, and the Ranch they want, but we can't put anything special out for them like the other people who were here long before. No you can't have a discount for the time, unless you have a coupon.

"Well.. I'm a senior!" says the Friend, so I naturally ask her I.D. Sounds stupid, but you wouldn't believe some of the people deperate for cheap pizza. She shows me her card, she's only 55!!

"I'm sorry,ma'am, but 65 is the senior age in this state," so after little fuss they get their buffet.

Lady and Friend eat one salad each, two slices of pizza, and then Friend goes for desert.

I was at the counter and suddenly heard a RRSHHH RRSHHH noise

Walk around, and Friend is trying to saw a pizza slice in half with the spatula, denting the pan >_< I ask her to stop, and explain to me what's wrong, and she proceeds to set her hands on the fruit desert pan she's sawing, and the cinna bread pan Gross..

"I don't want these both slices, they're too much!" So I respond with,"Ma'am, that's one slice... if you'll just put it on your plate you can cut it safely with the knives we supply you."

"Oh.." How hard to think of.

I throw the remaining fruit desert and cinna breads away, as I'd not want it after some stranger put her hands on it. The Lady and Friend are outraged, and I tell them its hygenic AND corporate policy, I don't want them getting sick.

"Are you suggesting I have germs??? "

..... No, I'm suggesting I have no idea where your hands have been, and people who didn't raise a fit about not being old don't want your non-senior germs on their food.

Luckily, the biker couple took humor in this debacle and we all had a smile at the end.

Quoth unholypet View Post
    Bahahahaha!
    "Are you suggesting I haven't been completely sterilized and am now wearing a Haz-mat suit in a clean room???"
    Man, she says it as if it's a horrible, contagious, terminal disease, or possibly that you're suggesting she's the Big Boss for a group of drug runners.

That made my day
    Re: Quiche.
    Pie is manly.
    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

I wonder if the idea of teaching everyday etiquette & manners as a normal part of school was just forgotten or beaten to death in a dark alley.

By people with rusty sporks.
      "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

it would seem that etiquette and manners have fallen victim to the rusty spork; a moment of silence to mourn its passing.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth BusyBee View Post
          Bahahahaha!

That laugh made me laugh harder!
          "I am the me I choose to be"
          -Sydney Poitier
          I (love) "The Office"
          "This month we're having a special on cardstock."
          -Jim Halpert

Comment

Quoth junebug87 View Post
            That laugh made me laugh harder!
            Well I'm glad someone finds me amusing!
            Re: Quiche.
            Pie is manly.
            Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
            Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
            So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Junebug's avatar made me laugh! LOL!
              "I've come to realize that ever since I started working, everyday is a little bit worse then the day before...so that means every day is the worst day of my life..."
              - Office Space

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                Well, yes, of course you do. Without germs you'd be dead.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X