Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dip my fries and my chicken nuggets in my Frosty. Mmmm...comfort food for sure.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth counterjockey View Post
      Now, a loophole here: have they said anything about trapping them? Or catch-and-release, ideally releasing them into the wild out near the interstate?
      Great idea, except for those of us (like, say, ME) that are in a tourist town that is not within 150 miles of an interstate. (Mapquest Key West, you'll see what I mean!)

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      Cashier: (almost cringing as if expecting me to attack her) I'm sorry. We're out of the Frosty mix.
      This happens to me from time to time. I'll go some place for something specific, and the server will visibly cringe and say, "I'm sorry, we're all out of Jester'sFavoriteItem today." To which I'll responde something like this:

[blink blink] (calmly) Well, crap. Guess I'll have to get something else. This was unexpected. Can I get a few moments to figure out what I'm going to do please?

Them: And other equally shocked looks of "Wow, he didn't freak out? What the hell is going on? Is gravity working?!?!?"

Yes, I am bummed that they didn't have Jester'sFavoriteItem that day. But you know what? I'll live. Why? Because, frankly....I don't suck.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

SM: But we're tourists!

And I'm the Queen of Sheba. Don't mean I shit sugar, honey.

Jester: We COULD shoot the tourons (tourist + moron = touron!)...it's not getting caught that's the trick.
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

I had that happen to me on Sunday. I asked for a Bacon Melt (mmmmm) but they were out. Not a problem, you can expect that sort of thing on a public holiday weekend so I just ordered something else. No need for a hissy fit. She did look a bit surprised that I didn't blow my top though and I get the impression other people were....

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            SM: You dont care do you? YOU DONT CARE! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS NOT GETTING IN TROUBLE!
            Me: Well...yes.
            SW: We've come from up north for a burger in here! We want a free bottle of wine as compensation.
            SM: And you DONT CARE!
            Me: Well, if you had let me finish, I was going to say we are offering an alternative. Normal bread instead of a bun, so would you like the burgers or not? Because there are a lot of people waiting.
            SW: We want a free bottle of wine!
            Me: Well you're not getting one. Are you gong to place an order or not?
            Well done by the way. I wish this would happen more. Especially when your manager came along and agreed with you instead of calling them back and giving them free wine.
            As i was not there , I have the benefit of analysing the conversation in depth.
            It's the last part of the conversation that makes interesting reading. They were actually accusing you of being an inconsiderate human being because they prepared to create a fuss to get free wine and you wouldn't give it to them. I want to be angry but it really makes me sad, so first I will just
            ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
            Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

My first job, so many years ago, was KFC. I remember one night, the drive thru got unexpectedly busy just before we closed. So by the all the customers are gone, we were closed and had conveniently run out of chicken.

One guy comes to the window right before we shut it down, and we informed him that we had just closed, but we could give him some non-chicken stuff if he wanted.

He said "You're out of chicken?! You're KFC! How do you run out of chicken!?"

Without missing a beat, my manager says: "What do you want us to run out of? Turkey?!"

Classic.

Comment

At one point we ran out of the unflavored ice-cream* we use to make milkshakes. When I told one man we were out of ice-cream, he said, "Wol, is there not a grocery store right across the street? Go get some more!" I tried to explain to him that at the grocery store ice-cream costs six dollars for half a gallon, and that would make about three shakes, for which in that case I'd have to charge more than $2.95. To which he replied, "Wot, you guys get ice-cream cheaper somewhere?"

*Pretty good, actually. You can't get unflavored ice-cream in the stores.
                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Why is it that some customers use the whole "But I'm a (whatever)!" line, assuming they'll get stuff for free? I had this guy who was in the military buying groceries once, and complained when he found out that we don't give a military discount. I even had the manager tell him face to face, and he STILL insisted that he should get a discount! Tough luck, we don't give dicsounts unless they have a discount certificate. Get over it. (Of course I didn't tell him to get over it... I would've gotten in trouble)

But man, who cares if you're a tourist? Just because someone's from out of town DOES NOT give them the right to act like that. And stores/restaraunt/whatever can and will run out of stuff! It's to be expected when it's busy!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                    Me: Ummmm...no. (I was through being nice)
                    That is my favorite line out of the whole episode. I've actually done that to people, although not in a real business setting.

Quoth Jet View Post
                    No you're not, I absolutely love dipping my fries in the frosty goodness.
                    Another one chiming in on dipping fries in frosties. I can't tell you what it is, but it's just damned tasty.

My local Rally Burger (Checkers, elsewhere) does an incredibly tasty mushroom swiss semi-regularly, and they'll run out of mushrooms sometimes. I get bummed, but what's the point of yelling about it? It's not like it'll make mushrooms sprout out of the counter so I can have my burger.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We do a swiss mushroom burger too.
                      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Another one chiming in on dipping fries in frosties. I can't tell you what it is, but it's just damned tasty.
                        ^-.-^
                        For me, the appeal is the salty taste of the fries, coupled with the sweet goodness of the Frosty. MMMMM.....gotta' have Wendy's for lunch this week.

That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                          We do a swiss mushroom burger too.
                          Can I get a couple delivered for tonight?

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                            Jester: We COULD shoot the tourons (tourist + moron = touron!)...it's not getting caught that's the trick.
                            I have lots of friends with boats and a whole ocean to work with!

(This is a line I have used more than once when having a "discussion" with teenage boys who are in some way involved with one of my teenage nieces. It sounds like I am joking when I say it....until they look at my face and realize I am in no way joking. )

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Buzzy View Post
                              Why is it that some customers use the whole "But I'm a (whatever)!" line
                              I think I'll go into a busy place, discover something I wanted to order isn't available and say, "But I'm a whatever!!" and see what happens.

Actually, I won't, because I try not to be an SC, but it's funny to think about...
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                                At one point we ran out of the unflavored ice-cream* we use to make milkshakes.

*Pretty good, actually. You can't get unflavored ice-cream in the stores.
                                I've never heard of unflavored ice cream. what does it taste like? like milk or other dairy products?

Comment

Working...
                                X