Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people come up with such NASTY drinks?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
    More than once did vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, mayo, and ketchup end up in these drinks. Sometimes accidently, most times...not so much. The girls up front ahd actually taken the time to completely fill the straw with ketchup, so that I would get a big ol' mouthful of the stuff. Eew.
    This takes me back, in my store we'd tear open a pack of vinegar, stick the straw into the vinegar pack and the put it into the coke. sure a little would leak out but that first sip was basically pure vinegar.

Comment

What ever happened to a good ol' cup of joe? You try to order just a plain black coffee and people look at you like you're nuts!
      It's so nice to be insane; no one asks you to explain...
      -Helen Reddy

Comment

The posts about vinegar and stuff reminded me about this.....

At one of the places I have worked, they would do what they called "bum fishing."

To wit, they would make up a drink of the NASTIEST stuff: bloody mary mix, sugar, salt, vinegar, ketchup, tons of hot sauce, etc., etc., and leave it out in the parking area where bums have been known to wander by. They then would watch until a bum wandered up and drank it, as they always did, and then started spitting it out. Some people were very entertained by this in the slower times...

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth felixxkatt View Post
          "I want a TALL hot chocolate with four pumps of chocolate and three pumps of vanilla!" i want to vomit every time that woman comes through, more than half of the cup is full of PURE SYRUP!
          Ugh, agreed. I have one of those SC regulars too--the bottom of the cup is just a SLUDGE of sticky chocolate nastiness...
          Customer: What do you mean there's no ice! I have to drink this coffee hot? - Clerks

Comment

Ah, the venerable Suicide. A spritz of everything on tap, including juice, milk, slushy, what have you.

My group once successfully administered a Cement Mixer to a friend celebrating his 21st birthday. He wasn't very familiar with drinks so had no idea what he was in for. The host of the party impressed upon him the fact that he was supposed to slosh it around inside his mouth.

He had them make him a second one!

I don't do coffee. The taste isn't that great, but the smell is enough to make me hurl. There is very little I've encountered that I like less. Although I will admit that I haven't smelled some of the reputedly worse scents out there. My brother, however, hauled bodies for a while, which is one of the worst. *shudder*

As for milk, nobody should really drink it. It's only purpose is to make little cows into big cows. Casein (milk fat) in its natural state is ok as it passes through the system without being absorbed, but when you homogenize milk, the casein gets broken up and taken into the system. And yet, I'm a sucker for cheese and ice cream.

The worst drink I have ever seen concocted involved finding every scrap of nasty left-over food and drink after a high school band dinner that was then drunk by one student who then took donations beforehand. I think he picked up just over $50 with that stunt.

^-.-^
            Last edited by Andara Bledin; 04-18-2007, 10:58 PM.
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
              Call me weird but I love the smell of coffee. I love coffee flavored candy and coffee flavored ice cream. However I hate coffee I only tolerate mochas as long as I can't can't taste the coffee part. Go figure
              hehe, I am the same way. I will drink coffee-flavored hot chocolate (Ghirardelli Mocha HC mix is pretty good), but I will not drink chocolate-flavored coffee. There is a coffee plant in my town, and before it rains the whole area smells like coffee. I think it's an air pressure thing. I grew up with that smell and will probably always love it.

When I go to Starbucks, it is non-fat hot chocolate, with a little whipped cream. Or sometimes a frappucino (usually strawberry or chocolate) if it's hot outside. When they came out with the banana frapps, I had one of the guys in the cafe at work experiment with Strawberry-banana, chocolate-strawberry, and chocolate-banana frapps. Not bad...we only tried it once each; the proportions weren't quite right but a little practice would have solved that.
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-18-2007, 11:27 PM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

we had a cafe server who would think up random things and then force them on unsuspecting coworkers. one of his concoctions was HazelDew.

a whole crapload of hazelnut syrup and a little mountain dew. its been three years and i still cant get the taste out of my mouth.
                Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
                  we had a cafe server who would think up random things and then force them on unsuspecting coworkers. one of his concoctions was HazelDew.

a whole crapload of hazelnut syrup and a little mountain dew. its been three years and i still cant get the taste out of my mouth.
                  My old receiving manager (who would get a venti coffee and add 18 packs of sugar, which is a quarter of a cup -yes I measured it-) was also a Dewhead (or just a caffeine freak; or just a freak - whatever). He'd get a Dew and add the raspberry syrup for the Italian soda-thingies they make. I never tried it, since I'm not a big fan of Mountain Dew but he says it's really good.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                    Mind my language, but a 'gross drink' that is rather tasty is called the Blow Job shot. It's amaretto with baileys and whipped cream on top.
                    I think I might have to try that.

I'm afraid, though, of what would happen if I happened to order it if Jester is the bartender.

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                    I remember one day I was in the back doing prepwork and cleaning, and I asked a cashier to bring me a Coke. A couple minutes pass, and a Coke arrives, complete with straw, and lid on the cup. I take a big gulp, and imeadiently start gagging and sit it out. The girls up front ahd actually taken the time to completely fill the straw with ketchup, so that I would get a big ol' mouthful of the stuff. Eew.
                    That brought a tear to my eye and a shower to my monitor.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                      Mind my language, but a 'gross drink' that is rather tasty is called the Blow Job shot. It's amaretto with baileys and whipped cream on top.

Unfortunately, whipped cream hitting an alcohol filled stomach? That's what makes it gross. The barf-factor.
                      Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      I think I might have to try that.

I'm afraid, though, of what would happen if I happened to order it if Jester is the bartender.

A few comments on the infamous Blow Job.

1. Pezzle, you are the only person I have ever heard of that finds this gross or barf-inducing. Not disparaging you, just saying.

2. I don't recall it having amaretto, to be honest, but many places make it differently.

3. Becky, why would you be afraid? I have served up more than my share of Blow Jobs. (Pipe down in back! I'm talking about the drink, you perverts!) Now, we have often served those to girls for special occasions, usually 21st birthdays or bachelorette parties or such. And I would serve it the way I have always seen it served--to wit, we would make you drink it with no hands, yours or anyone else's. See, the girl in question must put her hands behind her back, put her mouth completely around the outside of the Blow Job shot glass, pick the drink up using only her mouth, get said drink into her mouth by raising her head up and allowing the drink into her mouth, and somehow managing to swallow the drink and get the shot glass back down on to the table without dropping the shot glass or spilling the drink. This takes some skill!

There's a REASON it's called a Blow Job, folks!

Some of the more observant folks may have noticed I referred to only girls doing this shot. That is the tradition. (Though admittedly, in this town, I am sure there are plenty of guys who have done this shot--a lot depends on what bar you're in!) That being said, there IS a male equivalent. It's called a Muff Diver. The drink itself is basically the same, it's the details that differentiate it. First, there is no shot glass....the Muff Diver is served in the classic martini glass. Secondly, there is no whipped cream, but there IS a maraschino cherry at the bottom of the glass. The goal here is for the guy to get the cherry without using his or anyone else's hands. Once again, this takes some skill! And different skills than the Blow Job, as would be appropriate.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        That brought a tear to my eye and a shower to my monitor.
                        Thank you! My first harmed monitor! The first time is always so special...

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Once again, this takes some skill! And different skills than the Blow Job, as would be inappropriate.
                        Edited for accuracy.
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

The grossest drink I've heard of is something I've seen under the names 'Brain Tumor', 'Brain Hemmorhage', and 'Bloody Brain'. It usually involves a golden-coloured something like apricot brandy, with Bailey's layered into it, and a drizzle of grenadine. Apparently the Bailey's makes a really disgusting little floating lump.

Comment

Working...
                          X