This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sucky Child

Normal shift, quite busy, but nothing major. Food was going out at the right time, but apparently ten minutes was way too much for a kid to wait for his meal.

I began taking the meal up to the table. This kid was probably no more than six years old.

SK = Sucky Kid
    M = Mother
    F = Father

SK: At last! Where HAVE you been?
    Me: Okaaaay...I have two lasagne meals...
    M: Oh yes, thats mine and my husbands.
    SK: Where's mine?! Where's mine?! Why haven't you brought mine?
    Me: Don't worry, it's coming, the plates are very hot and I couldn't manage more than two at a time.
    SK: I'm hungry! Where's mine? Where's mine?
    M: Don't worry dear, its coming!
    F: Haha! Aww, that's my boy! He's just cranky because he had to wait for his food.

I go into the kitchen, complain to the staff about this child, and take out his meal.

SK: At last!
    Me: Chicken nuggets?
    SK: That's mine! Give!
    M: Haha! Awwwwww.

I walk away, and carry on what I'm doing. As I'm walking around taking out other people's meals, all I can hear is this sucky child.

SK: Look! Those people had to wait for their food too!

SK: I've finished! Why hasn't he got my plate yet?

SK: Why did we have to wait? I wanted my food right away!

If this child is like this at about six years old, what is he going to be like in twenty years time? And thank God they didn't order desert.

Obviously he's spoiled- his parents should have been explaining why it takes longer in a restaurant than a fast food place.

Hopefully in 20 years he'll be working as a waiter and feel bad for being an SC when he was younger.

Hey, I can dream can't I?
    Last edited by NightAngel; 04-16-2007, 05:53 PM.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

You and the rest of us, NightAngel...........we're all crossing our fingers that these mini SCs grow up to be cashiers at Wal-Mart and servers at Red Lobster. Hopefully they'll have the ability to remember their early childhood.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, yes, I have a feeling that one day his parents aren't going to think he's so cute anymore and he'll be forced into the real world and have to get a server or customer service job like the rest of us low-life schmucks.

That kind of thing happened to me a lot at the pizza place, so I was surprised when I brought out this one couple's food, the little girl said "Hey, where's mine?!" and the mother was horrified and made her apologize to me, and lectured her on how rude it is to not be patient at a restaurant. Score one for the non-sucky parents!
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          If this child is like this at about six years old, what is he going to be like in twenty years time? And thank God they didn't order desert.
          Oh, I don't know...
          Dead?

Hopefully some edge-of-sanity server will explode on him someday and he'll learn.
          ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

What's he going to be like in 20 years? He's going to be an even worse parent that his were. If the parents of today continue their non-parenting, society is just going to slowly go downhill. The only good thing I can see coming from this is that this site will never lack for new stories.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

society has been going downhill for some time; this trend isn't anything new. i first noticed it (even though it might have started before this) back in the eighties, where materialism, selfishness and being a jerk were king.

too bad the cycle wasn't broken by more realistic people with actual brains.

this kid will be an even bigger asshat at that age; mom and dad may not find it so cute when he's demanding a bigger, shinier, badder suv.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

At first I thought he's hypoglicemic (I'm an hypoglicemic (self diagnosed) and one thing we do is get VERY cranky and irrational if we don't eat at our respective times. It takes being an adult and very self controled to manage the adrenaline rush of a sugar low.)

But when I saw he kept it after having eaten, I realized he's just a supported self centered idiot.
                I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  society has been going downhill for some time; this trend isn't anything new. i first noticed it (even though it might have started before this) back in the eighties, where materialism, selfishness and being a jerk were king.
                  It started before then.

I can't find the quote, but an ancient philospher commented about the lack of discipline and morals among the children of the younger generations and how they would lead to the decline of society. I'm thinking it was Aristotle or someone in that era.

So it's been a common theme with everyone for nearly all human existance.
                  But I agree - kids are behaving worse and getting away with more nowadays.

Comment

Are they?

Teen pregnancy, drug use, and alcohol abuse are actually down from where they were 20 years ago.

Perhaps we just look upon our own youth with rose-colored glasses.

Comment

I often tease my parents that by raising me so well, they set my expectations for other people far too high.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

holy crap. take some solace in the fact that when he's not cute anymore and throwing temper tantrums over his broken $600 cell phone his parents will have noone to blame but themselves.
                        "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                          I think it started just about the same time architecture died, just after World War II.
                          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth felixxkatt View Post
                            parents will have noone to blame but themselves.
                            They wont realize its their fault. trust me.
                            http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                            Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                              They wont realize its their fault. trust me.
                              It's a classic case of Lack of Personal (or in this case, Parental) Responsibility, IMO.

In this day and age, it's all the easier to just blame society or the guy on the corner for the way kids behave, rather than the parents themselves for not instilling acceptable behavior.

I call this the "Ostrich Syndrome." These are parents who don't see what's going on with little Johnny or Katie Sue because they are selectively blind and/or don't have the skills necessary to teach them what's acceptable behavior and what isn't. Far too easier to ignore the bad behavior and think it's soo cute.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X