This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got to bitch about this one.

I hate those people who lick their fingers befor handing me the money. Everytime this happens I feel like I should wedge their change in my ass crack before handing it to them.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

That made me chuckle.

Mostly because I agree.
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Sounds like a good trade-off. Shit on change for a shit for brains.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Mark, if money wasn't so danged dirty and unsanitary, I'd advise you to lick their change before you handed it over.

Anybody ever gotten 'Sweaty Boob Money"?
        I have a strict personal policy about taking cash that's been stuffed inside bras.
        That policy is: Do you have another form of payment that isn't quite as nasty?
        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

ICK. I HATE when people do that. It is even grosser when you think of how many others have done that to that same bill.

Equally gross is when people lick their fingers before taking out their credit card or ID. To be honest, I have never understood why people do that.

I also hate it when cashiers or customers lick their fingers to get bags open. I have had many times when bags were hard to open, but I refuse to do that.

Comment

*giggles madly at that mental picture*

yes, i hate that, fortunately, i haven't experienced it personally. (so gross...)
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
              College Music Venue, summer of 2005, middle of July. Location within venue: Back entrance.

Moi
              Woman who is in her mid 40s to late 40s (Very nice and polite)

Woman: Hello there how are you today?
              Moi: I'm good, it's $10 to park today.
              Woman: *Digs through purse, can't come up with money.* Wait a sec, I have to ask you to look away though.
              Moi: (I know where this is going)
              Woman: Here you go have a good weekend.
              Moi: Uh thanks, you too.

After that I washed my hands for a good 5 minutes.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I always hate people who put the money in their mouths, and then hand it to me wet side first.

When I was a cashier at McD's, after a few years, I started to bring a box of rubber gloves with me to work (this was long before places started to do that regularly) People would look at me funny, but I'd either tell them that money gets my hands dirty after awhile of working with it, or that I had a cut or burn or something on both hands that I needed to keep clean.

Nowadays, you see a cashier wearing rubber gloves and people dont even ask why.

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                  Nowadays, you see a cashier wearing rubber gloves and people dont even ask why.
                  Honestly, I've never seen a cashier wear rubber gloves.

Comment

i have had people sneeze and hand me their money. ugh ugh ugh! (shudder)!
                    "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                      I'm a little surprised that someone, somewhere is not selling a combination bra/moneyclip.

I'm just saying.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                        I hate those people who lick their fingers befor handing me the money.
                        I have a story for you! Your post reminded me of something my brother told me about years ago.

He dropped his wallet in a toilet. I guess it fell in when he stood up.
                        He fished it out and washed his hands for about an hour. He threw the wallet away. The plastic cards were wiped down with a bleach/water solution, repeatedly. Everything else was thrown away except the paper money.

Guess what he did with the paper money?

He ironed each bill between towels and then took the cash to the bank and deposited it. He said the cashier kept licking her fingers to count the money and he couldn't bring himself to tell her. My brother can be such a SC sometimes.

True or not... ew. I shop with a debit card now.
                        Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

I had one guy who made me want to He took a glob of his spit onto his thumb and touched a quicket ticket. I tried so hard not to touch the spot. It was hard not to gag infront of him. He left the thing practically dripping.

Or one other time this woman was waiting in line and was digging the rest of her money out and put some dollar bills in her mouth! I wanted to gag for her. I refuse to get my hands near my face at all after touching money. In fact my hands turn black just from handling money all day.

Comment

Well there's not much else to be done. Bills stick together and sometimes you gotta moisten your fingers to get them apart. Unless you carry around one of those things that cashiers tend to have that they can dip their fingers in, licking the tips of your fingers are the next best thing. If you were to use a sponge or something else, that probably has more junk on it than whatever will be in your mouth. The money itself probably has enough crap on it already that a person's licked fingers isn't going to make a difference.

Comment

Never mind that. How about those that lick their fingers before touching something? I used to have plenty of teachers in high school who would give a test, and they would lick their fingers before handing out the test in each row of desks to pass to each student. If I was sitting on the front row, I always took the test in the back of the pile to avoid touching my teacher's nasty, germy, saliva mark.
                              Last edited by greensinestro; 04-17-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X