Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ick, ick and double ick. I'm one of those people who keeps my used tissues in my pockets to throw away myself at home, who'll dump empty pop cans/bottles/cups in my backseat before I ask someone to throw them away for me, who stuffs the footies in my pockets at shoe stores if there's no trash can out so I don't have to hand them to anyone. The other day, my cousin offered to throw out my gum for me, and even though she said she didn't mind touching it, I still dug for a receipt in my purse to spit it into.

People are gross. My general motto is if I wouldn't want to touch it, I should make someone else touch it. Seriously. And I'm not a germophobe or anything. Ick.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

This is why I keep a trash bag in my car...novel concept, I know. If I need to empty liquid from a cup, I will toss it in the grass at the edge of a parking lot or in a storm drain or whatever (in other words, not where someone is likely to be walking through it), but then it's usually just ice. Then I put the cup in my handy-dandy trash bag. In my car! (I don't usually do drive-thrus, but it would never in a million years occur to me to ask the person at the window to throw out my trash...)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Most janitors don't get paid nearly enough..not by far.

That is several years of my life I do not miss at all.

Honestly, I'm not sure most Americans even understand the purpose of trash cans. Its like some kind of religious denial;

"If I just drop it here, someone else will eventually clean it up..."

Cigarette butts multiply no matter how many times a day you lot check. And when the snow melts off, yikes.

We have this semi-regular customer who is on some very powerful medication. 40-50ish man, but very slurred speech..and he drools quite a lot. Occasionally he even drops his money in said drool before handing it to you.

About the worst day though he came in from fishing, and in a very bad drool state, after apparently eating something peanut butterish. Almost completely incoherent, extra drool, with a 5 gal bucket stinking of fish. I don't have that weak a stomach but I had to go into the restroom after he left...and then I had to clean where he had walked or leaned.

Even now, just thinking about it..sheesh.
        Last edited by Strikesfirmly; 04-19-2007, 12:37 AM.
        "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Working...
        X