This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um..whaaat?? Customer's Make My Head Hurt

Ok here's one that makes my my feel like its being twisted by the stupidity of the following logic....

Sonic Cineplayer has a error that as of Dec 1 2006 it will not play dvds, cause media player to malfuction to boot. It's a problem that's in the codex and will be fixed with a patch sometime today, well a customer called in with the issue, the temporary fix til the patch out is to set your computers calendar back to November...sounds stupid but it fixes the issue for now. Well, customer wanted the the software sent out, not the patch the software...so if he has to reload his os he has the software to load and not worry about the problem....ummmm anyone seeing the flaw in logic here? Any disk we send out wont have the patch, and while the software in hand would be nice, without the patch its going to do the same thing, and here's the kicker he wants the software as he didnt want to change his computers time! he added that lil tidbit after giving the original reason! But reloading the software doesn't fix that issue, gotta have the patch...
    I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Such is the life of Tech support. Have you ever tried the technique where you repeat back exactly what they have just told you so that they realize how stupid/unreasonable/impossible they are? It only works on rare occasion.
    At least Adam and Steve don't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up

Comment

I bet Wile E. Cyote never thought about the wonders of the CD Burner . . .

They really come in handy in such a situation . . . simply download the patch to the PC, stick blank CD in RW drive, locate downloaded file and copy.

But that would require common sense now wouldn't it?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X