This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short, but worthy of epic face palm.

Client comes in to pick up their dog. Weather outside is wet and rainy.

Client: Ugh. It smells like wet dog in here. *Nose is wrinkled and he's glaring at me.*
    Me: ................*IQ just dropped*
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    Client: Ugh. It smells like wet dog in here.
    "Nobody noticed it until you came in."
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Must be that wet dog you have there sir....

Comment

He who smelt it, dealt it!

Hey, Captain Obliviously Obvious , what is it doing out side? Raining. What do we have in here? Dogs. I know this is gonna blow your mind, but rain + dog = wet dog smell!
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I would have burst into (false) tears and sobbed, "That's my new cologne!"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Love it, MoonCat! I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              He who smelt it, dealt it!
              "He who articulated it, particulated it!"
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                "He who articulated it, particulated it!"
                Awesome...a Futurama reference.

Comment

I wouldn't seek it out or anything, but I don't find wet dog smell particularly bad - seems kind of 'homey' to me. Am I alone in this?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    I wouldn't seek it out or anything, but I don't find wet dog smell particularly bad - seems kind of 'homey' to me. Am I alone in this?
                    To me it's one of those odors that just "is". I don't find it particularly bad, nor do I find it particularly pleasant. Though to be honest, I'd rather smell wet dog than some of the air freshener scents that are out there. At least wet dog doesn't give me a headache.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I don't mind it either; however, I'm also the girl who doesn't mind skunk smell. But I think the point is: if you are picking up your dog from a daycare that you picked because your dog will have outside access at all times except in torrential downpour... you should expect a dirty dog and wet dog smell.
                      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        You're definitely not alone. I think it's a lovely smell. Even better is the smell of a dog that's just been bathed. The smell of wet fur and shampoo is lovely. I don't have a dog anymore and I miss the smell.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                          You're definitely not alone. I think it's a lovely smell. Even better is the smell of a dog that's just been bathed. The smell of wet fur and shampoo is lovely. I don't have a dog anymore and I miss the smell.
                          I have a mastiff that could really use a bath, if you're volunteering.

(Dumb dog just seems to know when I'm even thinking about giving him a bath. I don't even have to say the word out loud. All I have to do is think it and he disappears.)
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

How the hell does that truck of a dog just disappear? He doesn't seem that slick to me, yet you describe him as a mind-reading canine ninja.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

He's only a mind reading canine ninja if there's a bath involved. Otherwise he's a big oaf. We love him anyway. And you've seen how big the property is. Between our actual property and the nursery and grove that surrounds it there's LOTS of places for him to hide.

Comment

Working...
                              X