This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the president showed up

I have worked night audit at various hotels for the last twenty years.

This is hands down my favorite response from sucky guests when I state that the hotel is sold out.

So you mean to tell me you have no rooms whatsoever? Are you telling me that if the president showed up for a room you would tell him no?

Well yeah I would - but then again if the president stooped to stay at one of the hotels I worked at i am almost certain he would have made a reservation.

I don't get how dumbasses think that this will change someone's mind and magically make them able to produce an empty room out of thin air.

I'd say "Well, Mr. President, as you know, the 3rd Amendment to the Constitution expressly forbids forced quartering, so, have a nice evening!"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Obviously if the President showed up, we'd have to make an exception and find a room for him. And if we were sold out, as we are now, we'd have to clear someone out of one of the rooms. And we'd start with obnoxious assholes that demand special treatment. People like you. Yeah, you have a good point, sir. If the President showed up, you'd definitely be the first one tossed out on the street to make room for him. Thanks for helping to clarify that for us. Now we know.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm glad you asked. He was here not 10 minutes ago and I told him there was no room at the inn.
        I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Clinton once wanted to come stay at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite during his presidency. In the summer. With 4 months notice. They told him "Sorry, no.".

The President travels with a LOT of people. He would need most of the hotel. There would be security issues that needed to be worked out. And people make reservations there a year ahead.

Comment

Quoth wheeitsmee View Post
            The President travels with a LOT of people. He would need most of the hotel. There would be security issues that needed to be worked out. And people make reservations there a year ahead.
            Exactly, since we have no available rooms, we have to turn away the entire entourage.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I had something similar to that at the wholesale club. When I worked FDLP, checking the receipts as customers left (and please, no arguments over this practice, take it to Fratching), there were always some Sucktomers who didn't like having to show their receipt.

Most of the time, their argument was about how it was "illegal searching" and in violation of the Constitution, but we usually shut them up by saying "That Amendment only protects you against the government doing that to you. It doesn't do a thing about private companies."

But I once got someone who snidely remarked, "And if President Bush ((this was during his presidency)) showed up and came through here, would you check his receipt?" I replied, "Absolutely, sir. Very thoroughly. Have to be seen to be doing my job properly in front of the President of these United States."

The Sucktomer gave me a CBF and stalked off once I marked his receipt.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"Are you kidding? The President would never stay at this shithole."

Comment

"Alrighty then, Sir...Let me get your information, so that I can spread it around to all of the other hotels and airlines in the country, including those we are not affiliated with in any way -- we can do that, you know -- and make sure to let them know that, if the President ever needs a room or an a seat on an airplane, you have graciously volunteered to give up your own reservation in his favor."
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
                    "The President would never stay at this shithole."
                    That was my reaction as well!
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Antares View Post
                      I'm glad you asked. He was here not 10 minutes ago and I told him there was no room at the inn.
                      Depending on the perceived religiosity of the CS: "Even Mary and Joseph were turned away from a full inn. Are you saying that you're better than them?"
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                        Depending on the perceived religiosity of the CS: "Even Mary and Joseph were turned away from a full inn. Are you saying that you're better than them?"
                        Possibly the most brilliant retort of all time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Jesus couldn't even get a room for His birth. What makes you think a mere president would have any better luck?
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Notice

Quoth wheeitsmee View Post
                            Clinton once wanted to come stay at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite during his presidency. In the summer. With 4 months notice. They told him "Sorry, no.".

Notice that 4 month pre-booking? Even the POTUS pre-books his room instead of showing up late at night demanding a room "right now".

Comment

This one is along the lines of an old joke. He was expecting you to say, "Yes, I would have a room for the president." And then he'd tell you, "Well, I spoke to the president today, he's not coming, so I'll take his room!"
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X