This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of Working in Fast Food

Hey guys! I'm Katherine, I've been reading this site for quite awhile but I've never posted any of my own stories and I figured I'd give it a shot.

B/G: I work at a common and very popular fast food place here in town and I've had some pretty crazy things happen to me! These are my favorite crazy/rude/sucky customers.

This first one is more crazy and slightly creepy than anything. I was working night shift when my manger gets a phone call.

Me-
    O- Awesome manager
    CC- Creepy customer

O: Hey Katherine there's someone on the phone for you.
    Me:......Okay *answers phone* hello?
    CC: Hey we're you the girl at the counter and cleaning?
    Me: Um yes.
    CC: Awesome. We'll I was just in there (insert me thinking I got his order wrong) and I couldn't help but notice how cute you were ( :wtf ) and I was wondering if you'd wanna go out with me.
    Me: ....I don't know you.
    CC: I know I was just in there I was wearing a green shirt (like I'm going to remember this specific guy) but I didn't want to hit on you while you were working...so can I get your number or I can give you mine...
    Me: I have a boyfriend (I totally don't but I wanted off the phone)
    O: He's asking you out!?
    Me: Yes!!!
    O: *takes phone and hangs it up* ....I thought he was your brother I wouldn't have given you the phone otherwise.

And sadly this has happened to me more than once, my manager thinks it's hilarious at this point.

This guy was a complete jerk but this story proves that I really do have amazing co workers!

RPG- Really pissed guy
    O- Awesome manager
    A- Awesome co worker

B/G: We'd been really busy this day and I'd been working way over what I should have with no break, but there was no time. I was actually completely fine until this guy comes in. RPG comes in and from the moment he sets foot in the store he looks mad. He orders about 20 things and we are getting ready to close obviously there is going to be a little bit of wait time. He also asked everything be made fresh so anything we had previously ready (which wasn't much since we're closing) we couldn't even use. Finally his order is ready and I bag it and hand it to him.

Me: *hands him his food* You have a good night!
    RPG: *takes everything out of the bag scowling*
    Me: ....is everything okay?
    RPG: NO ITS NOT. THIS FOOD DOESN'T LOOK FRESH (it's fresh he watched us cook it) ITS THROWN IN THIS BAG AND IT ISNT WRAPPED UP PROPERLY LOOK AT THIS!!!! *holds up sandwich with literally a corner of wrapping sticking up*WHO WORKS HERE WHOS THE MANAGER??!!
    Me: Oh um I'm sorry about that sir I can....
    RPG: NO THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO-

-At this point my awesome coworker loses his cool and comes over from the back having heard the entire thing. He probably shouldn't have done this but it made me feel better.-

A: Hey if your gonna yell at someone you'll yell at me I wrap up the food and I cook. If something's wrong it isn't her fault she's been here for 7 hours without a break.

-at this point I go make sure my manager heard and is coming over because A looks pissed-

RPG: I DON'T CARE HOW LONG SHES BEEN HERE. MAYBE SHE SHOULDN'T WORK HERE. BRING HER BACK OVER HERE!! I'M NOT DONE!!
    O: No she isn't going to do anything I am the manager and I'm going to ask you to lower your voice. Your food is fresh you watched us cook it. I will however give you a refund if you no longer want it.
    RPG: I STILL WANT IT! But I shouldn't have to pay for this!!!
    O: Your options are a refund or the food.
    RPG: *grabs food and storms off*
    Me, A, and O:
    A: I was seriously about to punch that guy in the mouth!

That's it for now! I have tons more but I'll save those for later!

To all RPG's (role-playing-games) out there, you have my deepest condolancies for sharing your initials with this douchebag.

*ahem* That said, what a raging JERK! Seems to me like he was dead-set on picking on someone, and you were it. We had a man come in all the time at the discount store. He yelled at me about three or four times. He yelled at other co-workers. He yelled at my boss. He's a local and he's everywhere. Turns out my ex-boyfriend's mum got his wrath too. He just started yelling at her for no reason in the street. Some people are just raging arseholes.

Comment

Welcome to CS!!! We have plenty of bacon (or tofu bacon but no one touches that around here so it tends to go bad), brain bleach, and some amazing alcoholic substances.
      "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

And since you're not working,I couldn't help but notice how cute you were.Would you like to go out with me?You can give me your number or I can give you mine
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          Turns out my ex-boyfriend's mum got his wrath too. He just started yelling at her for no reason in the street. Some people are just raging arseholes.
          If some creep started yelling at me for no reason in the street, I'd run into the nearest store and ask them to call the police, there's a man threatening me out there!

But yeah, these guys are, sadly, all too common. You wish you could zap them with a tranquilizer dart and lock them in a padded room until they learn to control themselves. Nobody should have to put up with that. And yes, your coworker and manager are cool for defending you from him.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            And since you're not working,I couldn't help but notice how cute you were.Would you like to go out with me?You can give me your number or I can give you mine
            That's what I don't get. That tactic has worked for how many guys?

None that I've heard of. Frankly, I find it creepy enough that guys think it's okay to hit on you or pester you for a date in person - on the phone just adds to the creepiness level IMHO.

BTW, Welcome to CS. Bar's to the left (with Jester as our Bartender-In-Residence, of course) I'm the one hid in the far back room with a pink/white iPhone glued to my ear ordering in the beer and wine.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Hello and welcome!
              Next time some creepo asks you out or whatever start yelling "stranger danger! I need an adult!"
              HeeHee... ok, maybe not really, but fun to think about right?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                You wish you could zap them with a tranquilizer dart and lock them in a padded room until they learn to control themselves.
                Save yourself some money - don't bother with putting a door on that room, just build it around them. After all, they'll NEVER learn to control themselves, so no need to provide a means of letting them out.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This guy was a scammer, not just an angry person - though probably that too. He wanted his food for free, and was going to use any possible excuse to get it that way. With less-awesome management, he might even have succeeded, sadly enough.

Comment

First welcome to CS. With all the you need.
                    I think Chromatix is right about RPG--grasping straws to get the meal comped. As for creepy, try this.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Welcome!

As for creepy guy, there was one like that back when I worked at the pizza place. He rang up and in a horribly seedy tone of voice, asked specifically for a female delivery driver. We ended up sending our biggest, butchest male driver instead. XD
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

This is exactly why I can't work in fast food any more. I've little tolerance for the kind of bullshit customers bring into the workplace these days. When I was working third shift at the convenience store, I had a certain degree of freedom when dealing with customers. Those that wanted to act like the customers in the OP got shown the door in a hurry. I wouldn't last a week in fast food. I have a great deal of respect for the people who work in fast food for a living - you all have far more fortitude than I.

Comment

Working...
                        X