Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like there are a lot more small plane crashes this year...yesterday a homebuilt single engine took a nosedive into a condo while on final approach to a nearby airport (pilot didn't survive).

I've been an aviation nut since I was a pup. A family friend is a pilot, and when he owned a plane and we both had more free time he took me up at every opportunity. When I was younger I was considering taking flying lessons...preventing that was a lack of money, as well as a general lack of the needed coordination/situational awareness/confidence (same reasons I don't drive). My various jobs, hobbies and wanderings have given me a decent handle on the latter, but money always will be an issue unless we hit the lottery. So I content myself with flight sims and planespotting at every opportunity.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      A few days later the article appeared in the paper. It said "Repeated calls to the Geotechnical Firm were not returned", which strongly implied we were hiding something despite the fact we told them we couldn't break client privilege.

The paper is still in business (it's now free), but I don't believe a word they say...
      I am friends of people in the video game industry; and had a chance to talk to someone in the PR departments. They shared a story basically like that. About how website reporters are notorious for getting wind of something, and calling any hour of the day and expecting an immediate statement. Often times they call like 6PM PST or 7AM PST (for a PST based company) looking for a statement, well after or before anyone who could make any such statement is in the office. Or they are looking for a statement on an event minutes after it has happened, before the spokespeople can figure out what to say.

Inevitably, when the reporter's story comes out, it will have the "Representatives from <Company> were not available to give a comment." line in it.

Comment

And the media now has the nerve to wonder why no one respects or trusts them anymore...

Comment

Working...
        X