Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever watch Dr. G, Medical Examiner?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever watch Dr. G, Medical Examiner?

Watching an episode now titled "On The Run" -- thank goodness I've finished eating ...

For some reason, my mother suggested a year or so ago that I should go into forensics. I have NO idea where she got that from ... too much CSI, I think.

what happened?

Comment

Dr. G is a forensic pathologist. There are many different kinds of forensics, which involves collecting medical evidence for use in civil or criminal court.

I'm trying to get into nursing forensics. I already do legal nurse consulting; basically chart reviews for plaintiff attorneys filing malpractice lawsuits. I'm trying to get into SANE nursing (sexual assault nurse examiner) which is another kind of forensic nursing; involves collecting evidence of sexual assault not only from victims, but from suspects.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        what happened?
        Normally the shots of the deceased are fairly -- plain: from the shoulders up, and the person just looks asleep. This particular episode involved what was left of the person after a ferocious fire in a car; when the fire was put out, there were some ... remains left. But not much. And we got a lovely full-shot of what there was.

Still a fascinating show, though.

Sapphire Silk: wow, good for you. That will be a tough job.

Comment

Sounds a bit like Quincy.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            Normally the shots of the deceased are fairly -- plain: from the shoulders up, and the person just looks asleep. This particular episode involved what was left of the person after a ferocious fire in a car; when the fire was put out, there were some ... remains left. But not much. And we got a lovely full-shot of what there was.

Still a fascinating show, though.

Sapphire Silk: wow, good for you. That will be a tough job.
            o my. did a quick wiki on it and it's apparently reality tv with reenactment of the death, autopsies etc.

so yeah, kinda like quincy but ... with an attempt to make it as realistic as possible without using a real corpse.

Comment

Glad to hear the bodies are just actors feigning sleep, LOL. But the episode I was referring to ... sheesh. Coulda done without that much realism!

There was another episode about a woman with uncontrolled diabetes, who flatly refused any medical help. Eventually she went blind, then she injured an ankle; the ankle didn't heal, got infected, went necrotic, then went gangrenous. The makeup on the foot was ... really, really well done.

I have slightly elevated blood sugar and after watching that episode, I will never, ever forget to take my meds and do whatever's necessary to keep my blood sugar down!!

Comment

well... i think they're actors. to be honest since it's 'reality tv' i'm not sure.

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-r...dical-examiner

Edit: o good. apparently the corpses are actors / fake. (I am assuming for some of the more ... damaged... corpses they may be using wax)

however some of the blood on the pathologist's apron is real.
                Last edited by PepperElf; 03-04-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Dr. G isn't gross at all. It's pretty mild as these shows go, but she does get some interesting cases.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X