Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've actually done the "That's what she said" a few times, in public...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've actually done the "That's what she said" a few times, in public...

Ok, first time I was at a supermarket deli counter. I think I ordered 1.5 pounds (.675 kg) of deli meat (roast beef, I believe).

Anyway, right before the lady finished slicing it all, it was a pretty big stack. There were a few people at the deli counter, and then I go and do this...

"Wow, look at all that meat! That's what she said!"

Then, another time, I was in a Tex-Mex restaurant and ordered one of their burrito dishes. The waiter brings it out, sets it down in front of me, and I say...

"Look at the size of that thing...that's what she said!"

My wife laughed both times...

For those not familiar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_what_she_said
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

i love that line

tho my fav is the compilation version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAAi_42uIkQ

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
      Then, another time, I was in a Tex-Mex restaurant and ordered one of their burrito dishes. The waiter brings it out, sets it down in front of me, and I say...

"Look at the size of that thing...that's what she said!"
      Sounds like you got a burro instead of a burrito - hope you were hungry enough to eat a horse.

For those not familiar with Spanish, "ito" and "ita" are diminutive endings, so "burrito" is literally "small burro".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've always found the "that's what she said" line a lot funnier if used by someone in response to something someone else said.

Example:

DELI PERSON: "That's a lot of meat you've got there."
        CUSTOMER: "That's what she said!"

In this vein, I've used that line in public with friends, coworkers, customers, and complete strangers. Although I'm not nearly as bad an abuser of it as my former coworker, who got away with using this line constantly because (A) her timing for it was impeccable, and (B) she is an amazingly hot chick.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          In this vein, I've used that line in public with friends, coworkers, customers, and complete strangers. Although I'm not nearly as bad an abuser of it as my former coworker, who got away with using this line constantly because (A) her timing for it was impeccable, and (B) she is an amazingly hot chick.
          Since she's amazingly hot, maybe next time, just for the fun of it you can have her say, "That's what I said..."

But then again, maybe not...
          Last edited by protege; 03-07-2013, 12:18 AM. Reason: Snipped the quote :)
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Considering that (A) she's no longer my coworker, (B) she no longer lives here (she's off at school), (C) almost every one of the "that's what she said" responses she gives are centering around men, meat, or sausages, and (D) I live in a town known for its large and open gay population, I think not. As I often say, right island, wrong dude.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Drop by my job sometime.

The backroom is pretty much one big "That's what she said!" fest.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of my favorite "that's what she said" moments comes from an old Chikara Pro wrestling show.

Context: tag match featuring a team called Los Ice Creams. UltraMantis Black & Chris Hero on commentary. One of their opponents slaps El Hijo del Ice Cream (the one with the cone-beard) in the head.

*slap*
                Fan in Crowd: "Watch the cherry!"
                Mantis, to Hero: (sotto voce) (snicker) "...that's what she said."

It was very subtle, and a surprising joke to hear on a DVD from a company that emphasizes "family friendly."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Drop by my job sometime.
                  The backroom is pretty much one big "That's what she said!" fest.

My store is like that too.
                  Last edited by Zellie Crescent; 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

the lab has moved on to "that's my/his/her old highschool nickname"

Labmate-"it was wet when I got it"
                    Me-"isn't that your old highschool nickname"
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                    X