Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the numbering in my neighborhood just got messed up. This guy who's been in jail for...wow, 18 years now, owned 2 fields in my neighborhood. Each house has to be on at least 5 acres of land, which means the only place you could build was the 2 fields. One was across the way from me (not directly across the street, but behind the field across the street from me, and the other was 3 houses down from me.) He finally sold one of the properties. When numbering homes I thought they should have numbered lots, that way the field could have an address if anyone decided to build, but no. My neighborhood is numbered 4000-4040. There are 2 courts in my neighborhood (technically 3, but one is a continuation of the street.) So first we got letters asking if we wouldn't mind shifting our numbers (i'm 4034, the new house would have been 4032, so it only affected a few people.) No way, that's not happening. Ok, we could number it 4041, and it would just be random. Oh, or 4032b (that could cause a lot of problems.) Ok, how about this! Their solution: Instead of giving it a "mystreet" address, they gave it a "court #1" address. So the house's number is "32 court #1", but it's located on "mystreet" (4031 mystreet, 4032 mystreet, 32 court #1, 4033 mystreet, me). Oh, and court #1 ends at 12, so we've gotten people asking where #s 13-31 are. They just don't exist.

Comment

Working...
    X