Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both of my side dishes were rousing successes! Yay me. I'll post the details of the recipes later if anyone's interested. (And already thinking of ideas for when I make them the next time.)

And while I don't really care for turkey, I did try some of my friend's bird, and it was shockingly juicy. As in, turkeys aren't supposed to be that juicy kind of juicy. Moist, flavorful, well seasoned, and quite nice. Almost enough to make me get less stuffing and more turkey.

Almost.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Glad to hear your side items were a roaring success Jester!

As for me? I shouldn't have bothered with "healthy" stuff and made whatever it was that I wanted to make.

Clem & Casey didn't even try my side items! I peeled and chopped all those apples and cooked them for nothing. I used Diet Cream of Mushroom soup (which I don't normally use 'cos sometimes it just tastes nasty in certain dishes). Casey claimed she "forgot" to try the applesauce. I tried her cr@p ('cos I know if I didn't, she'd have thrown a hissy fit).

But I do have a sneaky suspicion that I will be asked to bring the green bean casserole again next year. His mother was impressed with it. Thought i was delicious and superior to anything she's ever tasted before (okay, the last part might be a slight exaggeration but she did think it was delicious!)

MIL did make a pumpkin/vanilla pudding "pie" but without the pie crust (which was fine with me as I detest pie crust with a passion, and so, apparently, does MIL). I was the only one who enjoyed it. I must be weird.
      And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        And while I don't really care for turkey, I did try some of my friend's bird, and it was shockingly juicy. As in, turkeys aren't supposed to be that juicy kind of juicy. Moist, flavorful, well seasoned, and quite nice. Almost enough to make me get less stuffing and more turkey.
        I've found that a good way of cooking a turkey and keeping the juices in is to gently ease the skin away from the flesh of the breast - don't take the skin off, just ease it away so you get a kind of big pocket - and put rashers of streaky bacon inside, so they lie flat between the skin and the flesh. Then roast the bird, and the juices in the bacon will seep into the meat and keep it very moist and juicy. Fiddly, but the turkey will be tender and not at all dry.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Lets see... Page... Save as... Text.

Good. There is my new cookbook
          Check my blog at http://ericthetechguy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth EricD View Post
            Lets see... Page... Save as... Text.

Good. There is my new cookbook
            The new CS.com cookbook, available in all good book stores.

(Except on Black Fridays when all copies will be hidden in 'the back' just for spite)
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
            X