Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux - me too. I let her tell me what to do and I did exactly what she said (well as near approximation as Linux allows). She got me to open a command line and type a [Windows] command. Of course I got "Command does not exist". When I told her that, she flipped and started yelling at me. I was howling with evil laughter, it was Dee-Licious.

Did y'all know that the FTC managed to identify a number of these firms in India, and got the local police to raid them and arrest people? Worth mentioning that to "Jack from Mumbai" when he calls you next. Ask him if his mother wants him to have a criminal record?

Comment

I have unlimited minutes on my phone, so I just ask them to hold and lay the phone down until they get bored and hang up.

Comment

Always wanted to talk to one of these idiots, but I'd probably just go with, "But I don't have a computer!" Or sputter some old Polish words at them (most of the Polish words I know refer to food )
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Always wanted to talk to one of these idiots, but I'd probably just go with, "But I don't have a computer!" Or sputter some old Polish words at them (most of the Polish words I know refer to food )
          Do you think they would show up at your door expecting dinner?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Oh, I still love playing with the Windows scammers. Things I've done to them: </snip>
            Geek King, do you give lessons?
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
              I had one call up saying he was from "Windows" so I told him we had Apples. An hour later the idiot called back, same number on caller ID, and said he was from Apple! My hubby said I had to much fun with both calls.
              Next time tell them you have "peaches, peaches for meeeeee!"......LOL!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                As long as they're free...

Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Peaches come in a can. They were put there by a man.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                    Or the Banana 5000 you got from Oliver Wendel Holmes over in Bloom County.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Good lord... how did that band ever get a record deal anyway?
                      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                      And it's not what I wanted to be
                      The weight on me
                      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

I went along with them....'Yes I'm clicking on this,I'm opening the page....what does it say... It says Beware Scam!We have had reports of a group of malodorous barely literate baboons * ringing people trying to persuade them they are from Microsoft and scamming them out of money.If you encounter them,feel free to insult them away....that's the page you meant.. hello....oh dear you've disappeared...'

* no disrespect to the baboon,which is a sociable and respectable critter.
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          * no disrespect to the baboon,which is a sociable and respectable critter.
                          Who also shows its ass..
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            I can swear quite well in Russian. But as I don't have a landline, I never get these calls

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                              I can swear quite well in Russian. But as I don't have a landline, I never get these calls
                              You could always try death-metal-screaming at them.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That one actually made me laugh. First one in a long time.
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X