This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway Question

Tonight I was picking up a sandwich and I was "blessed" to be behind a family ordering 27 million subs (this isn't about their suck though, every one is entitled to eat toasted subs, 27 million of them).

However, I watched as the subs were being made and I noticed that more than a few of them were just meat, cheese and mayo. So my question is: Do people really go to Subway for those types of sandwiches? (Cause I go because I want the works, if you offer it, put it on there!)

I've seen it. You be surprised what people do for their sandwhichs. My friend, who I no longer go to subwayq with, wants extactly four olvies, two on each side, spaced apart. Wants only a dab of mayo. Two green peppers. No salad. The cheese must be this way.

If it isn't perfect, the boy goes bananas. And freaks out. Sometimes wail on why can't anything go right in his life.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I'm pretty low-maintenance in the Subway subs department. Foot-long roast beef on hearty Italian, not toasted, with lettuce, onions, pickles and Chipotle Southwest sauce.

The amounts and placement of the above are not important. It all tastes great anyway.

Subway makes the sandwiches to order, so there's an infinite number of eyebrow-raising combinations customers can come up with.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Subway makes the sandwiches to order, so there's an infinite number of eyebrow-raising combinations customers can come up with.
        You are right, I just figured that if I were getting a sandwich with just meat/cheese and mayo, I would probably buy the stuff at the store and make it at home.

Comment

Quoth Sightings Reporter View Post
          You are right, I just figured that if I were getting a sandwich with just meat/cheese and mayo, I would probably buy the stuff at the store and make it at home.
          Except fast food is about not making it yourself. My usual subway order is foot long double meat bmt, cheese and mayo only.

Comment

I just get meat and and cheese, Subway Melt. Cause I love those.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Well, it depends: I usually get a meatball sub, which would be pretty nasty if you put lettuce and cucumbers and such in it. So yes, just the meatballs, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and oregano.

Roast beef, turkey, or chicken? Completely different.
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Not a big Subway person, but my Togos order (#9 - Hot Pastrami) tends to be limited to Lettuce and Pickles on Sourdough (I'd prefer Rye, but I love Sourdough) with Dijon and Yellow Mustard and Provolone cheese.
                The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I can and often do make tuna sandwiches at home.

But I'll still have a plain tuna sub fairly often when getting Subway. I just really like tuna. Although, I just recently started putting a double dose of avocado in with it, and am thinking of buying some sprouts to add to it...

I'm actually kind of surprised that Subway in sou Cali doesn't have sprouts in their bins... at least I've never seen any.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You can make the same sandwiches at home, but somehow it just doesnt taste the same, i always have tuna, lettuce, pickle, tomaoto, olice, cucmber, and ranch dressing.

No cheese on it!That i think would be horrible but they always ask me.

Hey, perhaps someone who works at subway can tell me, why do they always ask if you want cheese, when if you wanted it, you would say? Is there an additional price for cheese?
                    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                      Hey, perhaps someone who works at subway can tell me, why do they always ask if you want cheese, when if you wanted it, you would say? Is there an additional price for cheese?
                      No, there is no additional price for cheese, unless you want extra. I always ask the customer. You think that they would tell you if they wanted cheese, but the minute you assume they want it, that is when they will scream at you "NO CHEESE-DID I SAY I WANTED CHEESE!" It is kindof a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

There are a lot of customers that just get the meat and cheese. I even have some customers just get the cheese and even a few that just want the bread. To each his own.

Comment

Quoth SubwayGirl View Post

There are a lot of customers that just get the meat and cheese. I even have some customers just get the cheese and even a few that just want the bread. To each his own.
                        Sounds like my sister when she was younger. My parents used to do a Friday night McDonalds ritual with me and my sister. There was a point where she didn't want the cheese on her burger...all she wanted was the meat, sauce and bun. Bear in mind that this was back when the Happy Meals consisted of a drink, toy, small fries and cheeseburger only.

In my case, I'm fairly low-ish maintenance as far as Subway goes. Footlong chicken fillet on whatever bread, with whatever cheese, then lettuce, carrot, capsicum and mayo.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

When I worked at Quizno's (which was 11 years ago now) most people would get the sub as per the menu, but with a few changes here and there. We occasionally got the meat, cheese, mayo people, but they were rare.

One that sticks out in my mind (it would have to after all these years) guy wanted an italian sausage sub (normally sausage, marinara, onions, peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella) on wheat bread, no sauce, no cheese, no onion or mushroom, add mayo and lettuce.

Sausage, green peppers, lettuce, mayo? Blech.

Comment

My subway order changes depending on what i fancy,

If i get chicken then I get a lot of salad and no cheese (Cheese + Chicken doesn't seem to work)

but if i'm going for a melt or a BMT (or soem other overly meat filled meatwich) then I'll get grated cheese (I think our selection of cheese in the UK is different, only american sliced, or grated monteray cheddar) and before its toasted i'll get some of the meatball marinara sauce put on, its miles better than and of the sauces, and goes so well with pork. But veg on a meatwich? thats just wrong.
                            "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                            Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                              perhaps someone who works at subway can tell me, why do they always ask if you want cheese, when if you wanted it, you would say? Is there an additional price for cheese?
                              I don't work at Subway, but at a hotel breakfast omelet station. I have a similar situation. I have a lot of people just assume that cheese comes on the omelet regardless. Others just assume that if they didn't say they wanted cheese, then nobody should ask them if they do. As SubwayGirl said, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. People get ticked off either way. I always ask. It's better to overdo the service than underdo it, in my opinion. The responses range from "It's not an omelet without cheese!" to "Did I say I wanted cheese?!" to a really odd one "God didn't put cheese on eggs or burgers and neither do I!" He walked away and I told his wife God didn't put all those vegetables and bacon he ordered on there, either! She cracked up.
                              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                              X