This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwahahaha! We got Rick-rolled!

I'm still laughing over it; while we'll obviously have to take it down, it's a pretty harmless prank.

If you go to my org's website, click the Fun stuff link, and then select the first item in the 4th row down, it pulls up a list of names--as it should--and then a YouTube video loads at the very bottom of the page. Rick Astley, "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Hacker, whoever you are, as long as you didn't damage anything else on our site, my hat is off to you. You made me laugh today.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

*tries it out on a lark*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OYEZ OYEZ

That is funny stuff.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Linky please?? I don't know that much about the org.

Comment

Of course, I then had to explain the concept of Rickrolling to my officemates. But we've all agreed that it's pretty awesome, and that we bear the hacker no ill will.

It's almost sad that we have to remove the vid...
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Sandman: I'll PM it to you.

Comment

I'd never heard about it until our county library did it to their website last April Fools Day. It was great!

Comment

Aww... it's already gone.

But, still, that's funny stuff!

"Hats off" (pin intended?) indeed.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It actually inspired Computer Guy and I to create a sort of "silly video scavenger hunt" for our website for next April Fool's. Because seriously, Computer Guy is quite brilliant. There's no way they pay him enough for doing the sheer amount of stuff he does, at that height of quality, and the creative ideas he comes up with.

His one downside; he LIKES Windows Vista.

Comment

I really must pay more attention to what I've shoving on my MP3 player.... I managed to rickroll myself at the gym the other week
                  Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Sorry Joi but that's not really a Rick Roll, a true rick roll is supposed to begin with the promise of something else but actually being linked to a rick roll page/video.

"Check out this Awesome new Film/Game etc etc Trailer"

That's a true rick roll.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

The Macy's parade live Rickroll was the best though. It actually had Rick Astley come out and sing.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        The Macy's parade live Rickroll was the best though. It actually had Rick Astley come out and sing.
                        Oh yes, truly epic! Plus, it looked like Astley was having fun with it, so that was nice.

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                        Sorry Joi but that's not really a Rick Roll, a true rick roll is supposed to begin with the promise of something else but actually being linked to a rick roll page/video.

"Check out this Awesome new Film/Game etc etc Trailer"

That's a true rick roll.
                        It's close enough! Especially since it wasn't our main page: someone would have to click through to the secondary page, expecting a list of names, before getting the video.

I still say it counts.
                        Last edited by crazylegs; 04-02-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post

I really must pay more attention to what I've shoving on my MP3 player.... I managed to rickroll myself at the gym the other week
                          It could work, it's got a pretty good beat to work out to...
                          There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                            Sandman: I'll PM it to you.
                            Me too please?
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                            X