This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flooding

so here in the northeast we've had a little rain the past 2 or 3 days.

well a LOT really. thankfully around my part of CT not too much flooding. the CT river does seem to be pretty high, but i cant really see it at night, while driving on the highway.

but south eastern CT got hit hard. as well as Rhode Island. See, our HQ is located there. and they are experiencing some nasty weather/flooding issues.

some of the HQ (and the like) buildings have lost power, and some have some flooding.

the entire chain was affected. i guess the Rx couldn't process insurance, and couldn't take new prescriptions. the registers weren't accepting debit cards nicely. so it was cash or credit only. we didn't receive any checks up front while i was up there, but im sure they would've probably had issues. most of the stuff went on the fritz around 2pm. we couldn't look up peoples phone numbers on the register if they didn't have their store cards, and the coupon machine wasn't behaving either. when i got in just after 2 ,our keypad alarms at the back door and at the pharmacy were going off. i called my mom at her store for something and they were going off, and my brother said they were in his store as well. pretty much all at the same time.

crazy stuff today.

luckily it wasnt busy (due to all the rain) so there wasnt too much OMG WHAT>>>NO DEBIT>>ZOMG. kind of stuff

we still have a buttload of easter candy left. what is scary is that most of it will probably sell by the end of saturday night :/

Oooh, fun.

Not.

And this is a perfect example of why any company with more than one location and a WAN should have geographically separated mirrored back-up servers.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hubby was digging fence post holes before the rain started ...

We now have a *very* small goose pond ... it is half a meter in diameter and about half a meter deep. It fits *one* goose.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Hubby was digging fence post holes before the rain started ...

We now have a *very* small goose pond ... it is half a meter in diameter and about half a meter deep. It fits *one* goose.
        has a goose tried to get in? lol

Comment

Working...
        X