Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Telling people (read: my dad) that I've already tried solutions x, y, and z and something still isn't working, only for them to insist on trying solutions x, y, and z to fix it and inevitably having about as much luck as I did.

2) People who spread themselves out smackdab in the middle of already-small-enough hallways/rooms to gossip about who's doing what and with whom they're doing it.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

way too cheerful boss

people yelling at me for stuff I can't control
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

1. being sick (every day for a week and a half! agh!)
        2. people who think my business is a hobby (roar, it's not, you whopping great lummoxes!).
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

More:
          - Being told I should put something away by the person who NEVER puts anything away.
          - Being told I left hair in the bathtub by the person who NEVER clears her own hair out of it.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            1. People who don't follow basic social functions when calling the HelpDesk.*

* i.e. people always call and their first line is "My computers not working/I cant get into 'application'/Its broke**", not with "Hi its so&so here."
            I have a coworker who Does Not Allow that. A typical scenario with such guests and my coworker, Phillip.

PHILLIP: "Hi, how are you guys doing?"
            SC: "Two Budweisers."
            PHILLIP: "Hi, how are you guys going? I'm Phillip."

He basically forces them to converse. It's hilarious to watch, because he's such a smartass. And this coming from ME.

Now, for (two of) my pet peeves.

1. Women who bitch about how fat they are when they are drop dead gorgeous, and continue to bitch about how fat they are after they've been told repeatedly that they are drop dead gorgeous. Usually at this point, I'll switch tactics and start agreeing with them, saying things like, "Yeah, it's actually amazing that you got through the front door. Do you bring your own supply of butter for that?"

2. People.

Who.

Drive.

Really.

Slowly.

Because.

They.

Are.

Checking.

Out.

The.

Sights.

Instead.

Of.

Fucking.

Driving.

Look, pal, you wanna check out my awesome island paradise, fine. Park your FUCKING car, and walk around, or rent some bikes. But when you're on the fucking road, try hitting the pedal on the right. It just might make you go.

And this is on an island where the HIGHEST speed limit is 35. I was behind someone today going to work who was doing 16 in a 25. I know they were going 16, because not only could I read it clearly on my speedometer, I had plenty of time to do so safely without any worries of hitting anything within a ten block radius. I could have probably broken out a book and read a chapter in the time I was stuck behind these nitwits. And this was NOT a residential street, mind you, but an artery.

It's times like that that it's probably a good thing that I didn't get the optional fender-mounted machine gun turrets.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

dearth of common courtesy and common sense

THAT side of the family -- nuff said...
              Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Another 2 from me:

1. Coworkers who sign up for a buttload of shifts then blow up my phone with texts trying to find someone to cover their shifts.

2. People who take just born babies to theme parks, large foot ball games or any really crowded, really noisy high heat places.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                  2. People who take just born babies to theme parks, large foot ball games or any really crowded, really noisy high heat places.
                  At the Arizona State-USC football game I attended, in September, in Arizona (think about those words and the temperatures they imply), a few rows in front of us was a couple with a newborn. Not a toddler. Not a child. An infant. (I'm assuming it was a newborn based upon its size and the fact that the people in front of us recognized the couple with the munchkin and said it was a newborn.)

In a football stadium, at night, in the desert, where seventy thousand or so people were in a frenzy, yelling, screaming, and otherwise imploring their team on. For four or so hours.

At a baseball game, it's bad enough. But a football game. A semi-rivalry football game?

Are you fucking nuts? What, you couldn't find a babysitter? Couldn't bear to be without Junior for a few hours? Insisted on bringing him to the epicenter of drunken sports insanity for a few hours, when he quite clearly would rather be anywhere else, preferably sleeping? Thought this would be a good experience for him?

Look, I'm all in favor of bringing on the next generation of Sun Devil fans. Hell, I bought ASU onesies for TWO different newborns, whose mothers happened to also be ASU fans. I bleed maroon and gold.

But for fucking pete's sake, this is NOT the place for an INFANT.

The ONLY people in the stands that should be wearing diapers are the octogenarian boosters. And they CHOSE to be there!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

1) People who threaten to kick me out over nonsensical shit. (Ok, this one really applies only to my aunt. I don't care if it's a joke. You've said it too many times over the stupidest shit. Look, I follow your rules. I don't bring alcohol into the apartment, I don't come home trashed, I don't do drugs, I don't throw parties when you're gone. I do the shit you tell me to do. I don't say the word "cunt" in your presence--outside your presence is fair game. I am not your child. I am your adult niece. Telling me you would kick me out if I made fucking pancakes in your apartment is ridiculous.)

2) People who make rape jokes and expect me to be amused. (Fuck. You. And if I needed any more incentive to kick you out of my life, you just provided it. Thank you. )
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

1. Men who hit on me and say how beautiful I am and when I politely decline, they call me cunt, fat, cow other names.

2. People who don't tip their driver.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

1. That I almost never have any real ALONE time in my house anymore. No wonder I stay up so late and stay in bed as late as possible in the morning...it's the only time I feel like I have any kind of control.

2. That I can't even think of something "little" worth posting for #2 right now.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

That someone I taught to do something, who I love dearly and is younger than I am, is better than I am at it. By a lot.

That my parents fawn over my brother finishing a 15 page term paper then ask me when I'm going to give up the publishing/writing nonsense and get a real job. Oh, right, you didn't get the degree my brother just started so that's your only option and poor pitiful Super, your brother will help you when you're destitute as long as you get a divorce and give up your kids.
                          "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

1: The little so-and-so that said to Jazzy that she's "a hopeless girl".
                            2: Not being able to adequately explain to Jazzy that forgiving someone's bad behaviour doesn't mean that you have to tolerate it in future.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

- People who get on the bus and then stand up front by the door even though there are plenty of seats--making everybody who gets on or off have to squeeze past their stupid ass.
                              - Busdrivers who don't tell these assholes to sit down!!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X