Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's one of my favorites, too And Toothless actually is based on a cat. They were originally designing him to be a more 'traditional' dragon, but someone at Dreamworks had a black panther as their computer wallpaper, and it snowballed into what Toothless ultimately became.

I think Tennant's line is when the adult vikings are deciding to sail and Stoic says whoever doesn't come with him gets to look after his son. Tennant's character yells something like "I'm with you, Stoic!"

It's a really great movie, I can't wait for the sequel!

(And I also wasn't impressed with the Madagascar movies. Meh. So much meh. I loved Megamind, though)
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

My daughter and I LOVE this movie (you can keep the Kung Fu Panda crap though since I can't stand Jack Black). She can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
        My daughter and I LOVE this movie (you can keep the Kung Fu Panda crap though since I can't stand Jack Black). She can't wait for the next one.
        You know, I was prepared to hate Kung Fu Panda for the same reason-- I can't stand Jack Black-- but both movies are actually very good.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've seen the first one thinking I'd give it a chance. We ended up walking out, and that was from the theater that serves microbrews. I just hate the sound of his voice even. Of course, it may have to do with the fact that both times I met him he was just was/acting like an idiot and pissing me off.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
            I loved Megamind, though
            Me too. Liked the way it turned the superhero story upside down. And it's about the only Will Ferrell role I can actually stand.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Me too. Liked the way it turned the superhero story upside down. And it's about the only Will Ferrell role I can actually stand.
              Same here! I can't stand him in anything else, no matter how much I try. Especially Elf. I will never understand how so many people have adopted that into their favorite holiday film collection, I was embarrassed watching it and couldn't get more than halfway through. But I do have a special place in my heart for the guy with the giant blue head.

Kung Fu Panda 2 made me cry. They put a lot of heart into those movies, Dreamworks is really starting to give Pixar a run for their money, IMO.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I watched How To Train Your Dragon expecting just to be entertained by a kids movie. Now I watch it whenever it's on, at whatever point it's on.

Comment

I liked the first Madagascar well enough but not enough to see the others. If I catch them on TV someday with nothing else to do I might watch 'em

I will have to watch Dragon again and actually pay attention.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Wrong.

Sorry, but no, I don't find the Madagascar movies that funny or good, to be honest.
                    Disagree with my additions, sure. But I don't see how I'm wrong for liking a movie you didnt?

I should clarify - I liked the first Madagascar - Mainly the penguins and Monkeys. And very small doses of Julian. Very small.

And yes Megamind is brilliant.
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                      Disagree with my additions, sure. But I don't see how I'm wrong for liking a movie you didnt?
                      You're just wrong. Because there is no possibility in any way that my opinion can be anything less than the gospel, duh.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Look out, a SC has hacked Jay's account and is posting their skewed ways.

Release the hounds.
                        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          And it's about the only Will Ferrell role I can actually stand.
                          Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                          Same here! I can't stand him in anything else, no matter how much I try.
                          I thought Will Ferrel was pretty good in Drowning Mona and Jay and SIlent Bob Strike Back.

He also had a role in two of the Austin Powers movies, although I don't recall his character.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            I thought Will Ferrel was pretty good in Drowning Mona and Jay and SIlent Bob Strike Back.

He also had a role in two of the Austin Powers movies, although I don't recall his character.
                            Mustafa. He existed in the first movie to get thrown into the fire pit for the overly-long "I'm still alive down here!" gag. And in the second, after Austin went back in time, he turned up as a would-be assassin, who hated being asked the same question three times.

Comment

Working...
                            X