This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in I whine a little bit about GMing

My Monday night gaming group voted I run the next adventure. I've got the general gist planned out, the NPC's created. We just had a session of Microscope, which is a world building game, between adventures. My best friend who has never played a pen and paper rpg has joined us and she's already trolling.(She blew up the moon we had made people fly to, start settling on, and then they discovered a god locked up and insane. The people were debating on whether or not to free him. On her turn she says "I don't like where this is going..." and blows up the moon!) Then this Monday the one player I had issues with in the past, because he's a troll, comes back. He's land bound now. No more sailing off in a submarine for 6 months at a time. Damnit!
    I don't need 2 trolls when trying to run my first game ever!

Just say "no". No min maxing, no douchie behavior, no causing party discord.

Comment

"Moon fails to blow up" Character injured and has to stay in hospital for three gaming sessions. Don't bother turning up to the next three at all.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Rule 1: The GM is always right.
        Rule 2: should the GM be wrong, se Rule 1.

Comment

Perhaps introduce penalties so that, should they continue to troll, everyone in the party will have a hard time continuing?

"You blew up the moon? Someone you are with blew up a MOON? No you can't bloody shop here. No there is no information about things around here. Go away."

Maybe the other players will burn them at the stake then.

Comment

Microscope is a world building game where you make periods, events and scenes and on your turn you have final say. It's in THAT game she blew up the moon. The game I'm running will be Strands of Fate. Believe me if I could have done something about her blowing up the moon I would have.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
              "they discovered a god locked up and insane. The people were debating on whether or not to free him."

That actually sounds just like something out of an episode of Doctor Who that I watched. Long time ago... The god was Satan in this case...

But seriously, if you can't RP with decent respect for the other players, you shouldn't RP. Plain and simple.
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I once tried to kill my entire party. But when it started to look like the character might go that way, I cleared it with them first.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Every GM has to deal with that player(s) sooner or later. Just remember, your word is law behind the screen. If you make a mistake, you apologize later, but no debate on a GM call at the table.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                  X