This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that

All of my great-grandparents are now gone I never got to really know them. On my mom's side, both of my great-grandfathers were dead long before I was born. Other than some photos, I don't remember one of my great-grandmothers at all. She died in '78, when I was 2. Never got to play on her farm

My other great-grandmother on that side was around a bit longer. I remember going out to dinner with her and my grandparents a few times, but that's it. By then, she was in her late 70s, and dementia had set in. She was bedridden the rest of her life. Most of what I remember about her, is bits and pieces. Her home (which has since been torn down) was only a block from the railroad tracks--some nights, my grandfather (her son) and I would head down there and watch the Monongahela RR's coal drags roar through town. Sadly, she died in '88 at age 90..followed by Grandpa about 6 months later in '89

Dad's side, I didn't know any of them...other than my great-grandmother. She lived to be 103 (!) and was a professional shuffleboard player. Loved garage sales, and even though she had no idea who I was most of the time...was still a smartass. I got to know her best, because I could still talk to her. I remember that she was always kind, sweet...and someone you didn't want to piss off. You haven't lived until you've seen a little (she was only about 5 feet tall) screaming someone out in German
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
    X