This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors about yourself?

You ever in your whole life had a rumor about yourself start up? Elementary? Middle? High school? Share it here.

In middle school, I gave my friend some money to buy herself lunch, a girl whom with I shared a mutual hate for, saw this, and spread it around that I paid people to be my friend. I quickly put a stop to it the next day when I found out this rumor was swimming around.

I've been gay. Twice.

Totally wouldn't mind being gay, although the extra burden our society puts on those relationships seems like it'd be tough, and the whole sex with men thing doesn't appeal to me. Other than that, I'm good to go, so I just let the rumors fly. Never found out who started it in high school, but the person who did it in the work place about ten years later wasn't subtle; needled me with "How's your dating life going?" several times. My lack of irritation seemed to curb her enthusiasm, the rumor faded pretty quickly.

Comment

I was gay because I didn't date much, and I was on drugs because...some big burly kid with mental issues started that one. Trying to put a stop to that one probably would've put me in traction. We're talking about a guy who later got arrested for beating up his own grandmother.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sadly, back in my wild days, most of the rumors about me were true.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I gave birth to my son (really my baby brother) on the table in the home ec room on the last day of 8thh grade. All of this while being as skinny as a rail when I walked into school that morning wearing tight fitting clothes

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Sadly, back in my wild days, most of the rumors about me were true.
            I kinda assumed this was so of anyone with a fun life and we were looking for Untrue Rumors. Don't even get me started on that list!

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
            I gave birth to my son (really my baby brother)
            I remember my biology knowledge at 13 being pretty iffy, but not bad enough to believe that! Crazy.

Comment

One day many years ago, a couple of the secretaries where I worked informed me that they knew what I did on weekends. They had gone to a male stripper club and saw my double dancing. If only I looked that good now.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

On my first ship my Chief told me that he wanted to talk to me after morning quarters. It sounded really serious and I thought I was in trouble over something. I asked if I was but he only said, "I'll talk to you after quarters.". So I just started to worry.

Then, after quarters he went with me into my workshop to... ask me about my pregnancy... ???

Me: ... um. I can assure you I'm not pregnant. (I didn't want to be blunt cos I know some guys can be ... squeamish about menstrual cycles)
                Chief: We want to be sure to keep the baby safe...
                Me: (Ok apparently I *do* have to be blunt...) Chief, I just had my period.
                Chief: Oh.

Yeah, apparently I was pregnant. I just wish I'd know about it first.
                Last edited by PepperElf; 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Lets see..i stuffed my bra...that lasted till we had the scoliosos (sp) test. Im pretty up front with stuff so i dont know of any rumors about me at work.

Comment

Quoth Joyius View Post
                    In middle school, I gave my friend some money to buy herself lunch, a girl whom with I shared a mutual hate for, saw this, and spread it around that I paid people to be my friend. I quickly put a stop to it the next day when I found out this rumor was swimming around.
                    Seriously? I bought my friend lunch yesterday at work because she forgot her wallet (she'll pay me back on Monday). I guess I'm buying her friendship?
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Seriously? I bought my friend lunch yesterday at work because she forgot her wallet (she'll pay me back on Monday). I guess I'm buying her friendship?
                      Seriously, she hated me for no reason, and bullied me mercilessly, had a friend who was friends with her, and after I finally left the school, she said that she turned on her.

Comment

Not about me, but seeing this is a rumours thread, there's one I heard that was too good to waste.

A rumour that went around my high school was that one of the librarians had, MANY years earlier (I'd guess she was late 50s when I was in school), posed for Playboy.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Rumours I had flying around about me in primary and high school:

-I was dating my best friend. This persisted until Year 10 (I went to a different high school for Years 8 and 9). Now I have my boyfriend . This was the rumour that started sometime around Year 6/7 (in primary school).
                          -I paid my friends to pose for a photo I circulated around my Year 8 music class showing my best friends.
                          -I was going to punch one of my classmates.
                          -One of my classmates was going to beat the crap out of ME for some reason.
                          -In Year 10 and for half of Year 11, there was a rumour flying around that I was dating this total creep in my year. That was put to a stop when his actual GIRLFRIEND (the one who'd spread the rumour for GOD knows what reason) left the school. (He'd left at the end of Year 10 much to my relief)
                          -For Year 12, there was a very persistent rumour that this guy in my year was going to ask me to our formal, or I'd said yes, or similar. When the subject of said rumours found out, we both laughed it off (and it persisted RIGHT up until the DAY OF THE FORMAL! >.<) (I should add that this guy and I didn't hate each other, but we weren't buddies either. We only shared a study period)
                          -One of my friends was labelled a witch for a while because anyone she hated wound up either pregnant or fat.
                          -There was a rumour going around for a bit in Year 12 that my sister and I lived in an unclean household because we had nits (she'd caught them from a classmate of hers and passed them onto me-we finally got rid of them when a) she graduated and b) when I dyed my hair). That stopped when my sister and I switched buses for a while. (the same girls tried to tease us there, but found they didn't have the same influence they had on the other bus. Once my sister saw that, she began to catch the normal bus with me again )

One rumour that spread about me at my former workplace was that I was dating <coworker>. The rumours would change every so often. First time that happened, I chased him around with a plastic bag full of rubbish. When I left stores, the rumours stopped but he was otherwise an OK coworker. He now works for our competition
                          Last edited by fireheart; 02-25-2013, 09:58 AM.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The two I remember from highschool:
                            - I was dating my best friend, and my boyfriend was just a cover.
                            - I took a year off when I was 14 because I was pregnant. I gave birth to a little boy called Jaiden, and gave him up for adoption.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Current rumor

So I get married in 14 day and last week I fell at work and sprained my knee and ancle. The rumor is I broke both my legs am on crutches and somehow lost a finger. That I will be in a wheel chair and/or on crutches at my wedding and I have to wear makeup to cover all the bruises. I am fine, I have one fading bruise no one can see and I am at work walking just fine. All my fingers are where they belong.

Comment

Working...
                              X