This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never wanted to hear from her again

Today on facebook I got a message from someone I had been friends with almost 20 years ago. Thing is when we were hanging out I had a limit to how many nights I could go out, and she tried to go around that, and when I couldn't go out for a 3rd night to a concert I said I'd go to she went ballistic. Tried to turn mutual friends against me, made new friends and got them to physically attack me, spread rumors, attacked me herself. So imagine my surprise to get a "Hey do you remember me? How you doing?" message. So I poured it on thick. Moved to HI 5 years ago, have a 3 year live in relationship that's headed towards marriage, and work as a writer. Life's good. Hopefully I made my life sound so good she'll never bother me again.

I've had a few people from high school recently (in the past year or so), try and contact me. Each time I got the impression she was going through the 12 step program of some sort and was at the stage of asking people they've harmed for forgiveness or something.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing. I've been friended on FB by people who made my life hell in high school. Oh well, I just don't talk to them.

One girl who really tried to ruin my last year of high school.....added me a few years ago, said let's let bygones be bygones, we went to the bar one night, then we never talked again. Meh?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hmm, if these are people who were ugly to you then maybe it's their conscience catching up with them?
        However, if they weren't serious PITAs, sometimes it just might be nostalgia. I tried to contact a high school friend last Christmas -- we'd had only sporadic contact for years and then fallen completely out of contact a couple of years ago. Wrote her a letter and tucked it into a Christmas card (I did some checking and am fairly sure I had the correct address). Haven't heard back.

Oh well. I wrote to a second friend as well and she did respond so now we're connected via Facebook.

And recently one of my cousins asked for my contact info. She said with a rather embarrassed laugh that "I'm getting older; I want to reconnect." I can SO understand that!

Comment

I had a couple of my physical bullies connect with me on FB. One of the worst was complaining one day about her precious daughter getting beaten up and the other mother just shrugging it off. The next school day her daughter got bullied again. She asked for help on what to do or how to handle it... I told her she could ask my Mom how she handled it when I came home with bruises caused by her.

Ya know she unfriended me really fast...

Comment

This is why I refuse to get on Facebook-type places, or to go to a reunion. I would not be able to restrain myself if certain people from high school contacted me all buddy-buddy.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

There's a small handful of people from HS that I keep in touch with, but they're all people I got along with in school. I'm not friends, FB or otherwise, with anyone who made my life hell back then. This one chickadee who made tormenting me her personal life mission back when tried to friend me on FB and I'll admit I got a certain amount of satisfaction in refusing the request! It also makes me feel kinda good when I hear from my mom that said girl still lives at home, never finished college, has never had a long-term relationship, and is an all around loser. Karma can be good!
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I sometimes wonder how many people from my past are trying to connect with me, but can't because I don't have a Facebook page.

One reason I don't have one is because I don't want to get sucked into the world of "zomg gotta check my wall while I'm at this traffic light."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've run into people from HS who used to pick on me, and have had decent conversations with them. I mean, I'm never going to be best friends with them, but if you are decent to me, I can return the favor. After all, HS was quite a while ago.

BTW, Akasa, be careful. If you make your life sound too good, she might hit you up for a "loan".

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                    BTW, Akasa, be careful. If you make your life sound too good, she might hit you up for a "loan".
                    Oh like that would work. All my spare money goes to plane tickets once a year to visit family.

Comment

On the other side of things, I know a dude who was a bully when he was in high school. He's run into people he used to bully, or gotten messages on facebook, that are incredibly friendly, genuinely pleased to see him kinda thing. He gets very confused.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        I had a couple of my physical bullies connect with me on FB. One of the worst was complaining one day about her precious daughter getting beaten up and the other mother just shrugging it off. The next school day her daughter got bullied again. She asked for help on what to do or how to handle it... I told her she could ask my Mom how she handled it when I came home with bruises caused by her.

Can't imagine why, LOL.

Since my high school predates personal computers by mumblety-mumble years, I don't worry much about my high school fellow students trying to contact me. I did sign on to some site that promotes "connecting up with your fellow students" but you need to buy a paid membership on it to get anything worthwhile -- and I'm not about to fork over real money. I don't want to get in contact with these people anywhere near badly enough for that.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                          I've run into people from HS who used to pick on me, and have had decent conversations with them. I mean, I'm never going to be best friends with them, but if you are decent to me, I can return the favor. After all, HS was quite a while ago.

SC
                          Kinda how I treat my friend-requests from people i barely liked in high school. i know i'm not the same person I was back then, so i doubt they are too.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post

Of course she did. She was a bitch to you and was pissed off that you called her out on it, karma is giving her a good swift kick in the ass and she can't handle it. She decided to ask one of her victims (you) for help and since you basically told her karma has her by the throat she didn't like that and unfriended you, IMO you should block her so she doesn't start to cyberbully.
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

wow talk about karma.
                              and having to face oneself in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X