Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Adverts!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Just some guy

Default Adverts!

No, customerssuck.com is not going to have adverts. I'm still doing well enough to keep running this place, thank you very much. Yes, when I get off my oversized bum and get some merchandising ready for everyone, I'll be doing some nudging, but that's all.

I've posted this because a few adverts have slipped into signatures. I've chatted to the people concerned and they've removed them. This is just to remind everyone that links to personal non-profit sites are fine - livejournal etc. Run an art site? Fine. The art site has a store? If it's not overly prominent, sure. Linking directly to that store? That's a big no-no. Unsure? Ask a moderator!

The fact is that this site is ad-free. No banners, no sidebars, no pop-ups. no pop-unders, and definitely no tracking cookies. Most members are here because they work in retail, and are therefore surrounded by adverts all the time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, so I run the place without them.

Some time ago I considered the idea of a subforum for members to advertise in, but I am reliably informed by the moderating team that it was considered before and rejected. It would also cause more work for the volunteer moderating team.

Please, if you are considering advertising for personal gain, don't. Members are here to avoid that. It's a good cause? Ask! We're not monsters.

Rapscallion

Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

Giving this one a bump.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Lantean Moderator

And another bump.

RIP Plaidman.
Closed Thread