This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know who my Daddy is?

So my youngest daughter works for a catering company while she is in culinary school. She has literally work straight for the past 24 hours as of this past noon to get the food prepared for their contracted parties for today and tomorrow. Instead of coming home to sleep she went with some cousins and friends to the mall for some last minute shopping. (A few weeks ago D took her iphone 7 swimming and ruined it so her mother my wife bought her an early Christmas present an iPhone X.) After exiting a changing room in her clothes with her intended purchases in one hand and her phone in the other a younger girl comes running up and tries to grab the phone out of her hand and screaming "You stole my phone!!!" D doesn't relinquish the phone but drops the clothes to maintain her grip on the phone. The wrestle around a little before being separated by store security.
    The girl says the phone is hers and demands security take it and give it to her so she can leave. D opinion differs and refuses to give it up. Security calls the LEOs to sort this out. LEOs arrive and hear both sides and asks for the phone. He hands it to the girl and asks her to prove it's hers by unlocking it. Well she can't, he then hands it to D and she promptly unlocks it and hands it back to the LEO. He looks at the pictures and it contains several pictures of D but none of the girl and he determines that the belongs to D. The girl screeches "Do you know who my Daddy is??? Give me the phone or I'll have you fired and arrested." LEO isn't impressed and asks for ID. Turns out the girls does have an "important" Daddy but not that important but the LEO also discovered the girl had several other phones in her purse that didn't belong to her as well as some other high end electronic devices that are missing from some mall stores. Semi-important Daddy was called to come pick up his daughter at jail providing they could get a judge to release her on bail before they go home for the holidays otherwise she gets to stay until Tuesday.
    I've lectured and preached at my daughters and wife no good comes out of going to the mall and this is prime example...
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

The entitlement, it burns! But at least it burned the right ppl this time.

Comment

What an unimaginably evil little brat.

I can't begin to imagine what mental anguish she inflicted on the people whose phones she stole. I hope she has a long time to think about things.

Comment

That phrase "Do you know who my Daddy is??" would seriously make me want to respond with, "Why, doesn't your mother know?"

But her mother might actually be a decent person, so ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Right now, I'd say your Daddy is embarrassed.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Right now, I'd say your Daddy is embarrassed.
            I certainly hope so.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
              What an unimaginably evil little brat.
              Yes, and stupid. Or drug-addled, I dunno. Something is definitely off about that girl.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"Whouh ees yuoh dahdee, and what duz he doo?"

Comment

Sounds like another overly-indulged rich bitch brat. Let's hope daddy is not amused and lets her spend Christmas behind bars. Might make her re-evaluate her life choices.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    Yes, and stupid. Or drug-addled, I dunno. Something is definitely off about that girl.
                    Seriously. I am just dumbstruck by the fact that she still insisted the phone was hers, even though she couldn't unlock it and Tanasi's daughter could. I'd love to hear her explanation for that one.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                      Seriously. I am just dumbstruck by the fact that she still insisted the phone was hers, even though she couldn't unlock it and Tanasi's daughter could. I'd love to hear her explanation for that one.
                      She said that D reset it for herself before she could return to the dressing room to reclaim it. The LEO asked her how D was able to unlock it to do those things. I was told she looked like a kissing fish trying to think of an answer. Thankfully D saved the paperwork and can prove the phone is hers.
                      With all of D's bad luck this year she came out on top on this.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                        I'd love to hear her explanation for that one.
                        Toddler logic? "I see it and I want it, so it's mine."

Comment

The girl didn't get processed in time to see a judge so it's Christmas at the gray-bar Hilton. Her mother called our land line (first call in a long time) to let us know that my family is ruining their Christmas. Never mind the fact that their daughter is a thief and lied to the LEOs.

Comment

She called to harass and intimidate you? Let the DA know. Maybe Mommy will be joining daughter.
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                              Let the DA know. Maybe Mommy will be joining daughter.
                              I don't think the DA would be able to do more than warn her, although even that would be worthwhile. Unless either there is some actual evidence (like a recording) or Mommy is narcissistic enough to brag about that call.

Comment

Working...
                              X