This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's going to take HOW LONG?!

Since the whole COVID thing started, my work has shifted from driving people to driving things -- mostly food delivery. I only drive for one dedicated thing delivery company (would be two, but reasons) and they have a thing where the driver orders and pays for whatever it is the customer wants (using a company card), then waits for the thing to be made. (And then delivers it, of course.) Usually, it's a matter of minutes -- fast food, after all -- but sometimes...

Friday night, I got an order-and-pay call at a rather expensive pizza place. I got there and was told that it would take an hour and 40 minutes. I'm not entirely clear what I get paid to wait, but trust me, it's not enough for 100 minutes! I called the customer and told her, and she assured me that she had already placed the order and received confirmation half an hour earlier. So I asked and no, no orders under her name, and yes, it really would be that long.

So... I told the customer sorry, but I'm not waiting that long, and canceled the call.

An hour later, I get another call AT THE SAME PIZZA PLACE. This time, I called ahead and placed the order over the phone. Thank Gord they had no issue with it, and it was done in 40 minutes.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

I haven't done that stuff in a while, but I avoided order and pay runs like the plague, I don't get paid enough for that. I preferred doing IC courier work for Dispatch and occasionally Roadie.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I get more order and pay trips than otherwise. Most of them are a matter of a few minutes -- fast food, usually. This one was in a rather expensive area of far-north Scottsdale that probably didn't even exist (except as desert) when you lived here.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

I'm always surprised at how much that area has grown. My niece moved there for a couple years and her house was right in the middle of lane of what was the old test track in Mesa. Wont be much longer before any evidence of it ever being there will be gone.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          I get more order and pay trips than otherwise. Most of them are a matter of a few minutes -- fast food, usually. This one was in a rather expensive area of far-north Scottsdale that probably didn't even exist (except as desert) when you lived here.
          Grows like weeds, doesn't it? Let's see, I was last there about the time they put the Happy Valley Rd traffic circles in at I17. I remember delivering machine parts to a mine about a mile or so north of there.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
            Grows like weeds, doesn't it? Let's see, I was last there about the time they put the Happy Valley Rd traffic circles in at I17. I remember delivering machine parts to a mine about a mile or so north of there.
            They just tore out those circles this past weekend. The bridge over I-17 is getting changed to a diverging diamond. It's mentioned there, item #5 under "Proposed". I actually live right there.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              They just tore out those circles this past weekend. The bridge over I-17 is getting changed to a diverging diamond. It's mentioned there, item #5 under "Proposed". I actually live right there.
              Laughs, "And I remember when they put them in, the greatest solution to traffic ever. On a seperate note, I helped put the WalMart there together, and worked for a while as an overnight assembler and back up cashier."
              Seph
              Taur10

Comment

Working...
              X