This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with melted goo...

I know it's not amongst life's most earth shattering problems,but any advice helps
    I had two glass jars with jelly babies which got left on a window. In the day it was hot and they started to melt. At night, it went very cold and they froze solid. Now I have two jars filled solid with fruity goo. I've tried chipping it off, digging it out(that bent the spoon) and have no idea how to release the yummy goodness and get my jars usable again...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

If you are not looking to save the gooey goodness, you can soak the jars in hot water.

If you would like to save some of the gooey goodness, try slicing it with a knife.

Not sure if I would try this...
    Place the jar upside down in a bowl and place in a warm oven.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Large pot of hot water, stick them in that....
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

If you put the jars into hot water (might need to be very hot, to melt gummies) for a few minutes, it should melt around the outside enough for you to be able to fish or dump the mass out. From there you cut it into pieces (or just gnaw a chunk off if you're not planning to share any). If you have candy molds available, you can keep the jars in a hot water bath until the candy is fully melted, then pour into the molds.

If you don't care about saving the candy, then put very hot water INTO the jars, and let it sit for a few hours, repeating as needed to dissolve all of the candy out.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
        X