This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patent pending....

So some of you know from my posts that I've been working with perler beads, making designs (pictures of all completed work will be coming later).

But I was frustrated with my big projects taking up my entire coffee table, or dining room table, and beads all over the place. so after searching fruitlessly about the interwebs for a table design I liked to hold beads AND have work space that didn't take my a lot of my limited space in my house, I built something...using practical ideas of the bead storage where that cat can't get into them, and a flat surface I can put away safely without loosing hours and hours of work.

Its not pretty, its not painted (yet), but i finally got it built. I can sit in my favorite chair in the living room (rather than the floor in my living room in front of my coffee table), and the table is just the right height so all I have to do is lean forward.

So I showed it to a friend of mine who was actually really impressed, and suggested I try and sell ones like it (parts and materials except the beads themselves cost me $100 give or take). I said with my cynical side that if i sold it someone else would just copy it and sell it themselves.

So she suggested filing a patent, which is where i now come to you guys for help. enough search through the US patent office website has shown me no one has something even close, but I have no idea how to proceed further.

Any Suggestions?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Well, the US Patent office does have a website that tells you of the steps to do for a patent. I do know someone who works in the Patent Office, but I am not sure if hooking you up with an inspector would do something good or bad. I do know that you read of the 'We Help Inventors!' companies tend to be scammers. I can shoot my guy an email and ask his advice ...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Run that by a genuine patent lawyer. Remember to be patent material, your idea doesn't have to be original or ground-breaking...it just can't be obvious.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
      X