This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning frequency roster for housemate

I need help. There is a massive rant over on fratching about my housemate. Go have a read if you want to go 'wow'. But the TLDR is I am looking for some kind of table that I can staple to her head (put on the fridge) that lists the various things that need to be cleaned and how frequently.

At the moment, I vacuum every week (because I loose hair like a husky) and clean the shower every week. Other things I do as/when I have a shit spot and need to feel like I have completed a task. (cPTSD + depression = motivation is wonky sometimes)

I want to make a table up of how often things like the toilet, bathroom sink, dusting, etc need to be done. It's only a 2 bedroom apartment and we don't have pets. Frankly, not that flipping hard to do housework to keep clean. Vacuuming can be done in 2 ad breaks on TV.

So fellow grown up people, how frequently do you clean certain things?
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Back when we only had one bathroom I cleaned it twice a week. Now we have two bathrooms I only do it once a week.

I vacuum once a week but have to sweep every other day (mostly hardwood floors) because we have two cats. Without pets it could probably be twice a week.

I systematically go through every room and clean one every day. One day- kitchen, which includes scrubbing the sink and mopping the floor, Second day- bedroom, Third Day Living room etc.

We also have two kids but without them I could probably lose cleaning the bedrooms so often, even before kids and pets I still cleaned the bathroom and kitchen once a week and vacuumed and dusted once a week as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm not much help here, I have a housekeeper in monthly to keep me from descending into squalor, (Waiting for her now, actually.)

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        I'm not much help here, I have a housekeeper in monthly to keep me from descending into squalor, (Waiting for her now, actually.)
        Ours comes every other week. The one they don't do: I go through the pantry and 'fridge monthly, to cull expired food.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
          ... descending into squalor,
          Lou & Peter Berryman - Squalor

A Cheesehead duo on 12-string + accordion.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Bathroom -> Once a Week
            Vacuuming -> Ever 1-2 Days (We have very hair-loosing dogs - normally i'd say 1-2 times / week)
            mop the floor> Ever 2-6 Weeks (We're lazy on that)
            Kitchen> After Cooking some "basic" cleaning, every 1-2 Weeks some more advanced cleaning
            Clean the surfaces> far to rarely
            Native German, so my writing might be a bit ... special. I try my best to get better

Comment

Working...
            X