Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just looking for some form of support really...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**ANOTHER UPDATE**

Well, she was supposed to have the op today, but thanks to the public sector in this country going on strike tomorrow, she can't have it done. This delays her chemotherapy until after Christmas.

Comment

Oh bugger. Keep us updated?

Rapscallion

Comment

Wow, that's awful that a strike would prevent important surgery Thinking of your auntie
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

**Another Update**

The chemo people have been on the phone. She had a scan yesterday and they phoned with her results, and while they stressed she had gallstones, they've also said that she must start chemo tomorrow. They can't let her wait to have her gall bladder operated on, and she can't postpone chemo til after Christmas. She has to start it tomorrow morning.

Comment

<hugs> Will pray extra hard for her tomorrow morning, hun.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Thanks, Seraph she's had the chemo and she will be wearing her wig within the next ten days.

Comment

Good. Chemo isn't fun, but knowing that you need it and can't get it, must be a thousand times worse.

Comment

Thinking of you and your Aunt...My Grandma, who recently passed at 97 had both breasts removed (one when she was 86, one when she was 90) due to cancer..she survived fine. Her death wasn't cancer related, just age.

Your Aunt should be fine, and we will all keep good thoughts going your way.

Just a story..Grandma went in for her first surgery and told the docs to take both breasts as she wasn't using them anymore..she had nursed her mother and two sisters through cancer, and didn't want it in her at ALL.

Docs said no, so she had to go back 4 years later..she bitched them out for not listening in the first place, lol. Docs didn't know what to do..90 year old woman telling them they were idiots...
                  Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Kansasgal, kudos to your grandmother!

On a slightly sadder note...some TWAT (and I am that mad to swear) has scammed her and cleared her account of £1500. Just in time for Christmas.

Comment

Oh my gosh. I just saw this thread and caught up. It's been one thing after another for your poor aunt. And yeah, swearing it totally appropriate here in my opinion.

I'm so sorry, Missy. I'll be praying for your aunt and for you.
                      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Thanks, incognitocook

Got another update...she's having her head shaved tomorrow because today her hair has started coming out in big clumps

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
                          Kansasgal, kudos to your grandmother!

On a slightly sadder note...some TWAT (and I am that mad to swear) has scammed her and cleared her account of £1500. Just in time for Christmas.
                          Didn't see this update until just now for some reason...but oh my god. What a creep!!!!
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                          X