This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds fantastic!

If you don't mind a bit of advice....I'd shred those unwanted card offers. Just a thought.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Conga Rats!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

In a weird twist to this story.....

My roommate Mr. Fix-It started talking to me the other day, with no knowledge of what I've been doing over the past year regarding my credit, i.e., all this. He said he'd been trying to improve his credit (sound familiar?), because his credit, while in the past it had been bad, had more recently been nonexistent (also familiar), and that towards that end, he'd gotten a secured credit card (see a pattern here?) with a small loan (okay, this part I didn't do), and now his credit score was very good and he was getting a lot of credit card offers (familiar!). Thing is, the two he'd applied to had rejected him. This made me chuckle, as so far I'm 2-0 with my applications. I'm not sure what he's doing wrong or I'm doing right, and I feel for them guy, but it is kind of amusing that we've been virtually paralleling each other in this over the past year, and somehow have had such different results. We are virtually the same age and are both on the lease, so I don't see any difference there, though of course I've been on this lease quite a bit longer than him. Still, weird.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        If you don't mind a bit of advice....I'd shred those unwanted card offers. Just a thought.
        I never mind advice, especially in a thread where I specifically asked for it.
        But I must ask...why do you advise shredding the offers I reject?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Offers will sometimes contain personally-identifying information; also, someone could grab them from your trash, and sign YOU up for a new credit card (and 'correct' the address on the form) for them to use.

PS, once you do wanna stop getting pre-approved/other CC come-ons, there is an opt-out site to keep you off of their mailing lists. https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Not too worried about someone going through my trash for that. My trash, you see, goes directly from my apartment out to the dumpster, by my hand or that of one of my roommates.....and said dumpster is a compactor as well. You toss stuff in, and it pretty much destroys it, like the compactor in Star Wars, but without the bonus of a living beastie in it. (As far as I know, anyways.) No one with half a brain cell is going dumpster diving in THAT thing. And anyone without half a brain cell who does that is gonna have to be more talented than a ninja to get in, dig through the trash, get to my trash bag, go through it to find the offers amongs all the other shit, and get out, all while avoiding getting "a whole lot thinner" very quickly.

But thanks for the heads up. Good to know for future domiciles.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Congrats. And you're welcome.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My problem was, I paid off all my debt too fast. Within a year being out of college, I paid off my student loans so I had no debt left and no credit card. A few months after getting out of Afghanistan, I bought my Mustang. I figured the car payments would help towards credit. I asked the financing person at the dealership about my credit and he just laughed and said I had none. That was 2012. I also got a Visa with a decent size credit limit thanks to my salary in Afghanistan. Now I'm rocking a credit rating in 700s. I just use my credit card for most stuff and then pay it off each month. Not much else I can do. But I'm in as good a position as I can be for a 26 year old.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                X