This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you here then!

So we have this guy who comes in who’s immune compromised. The first time he came alone so we do everything to get him through quickly (ie two packers instead of the usual none) and keeping as much distance as possible between him and others (moving people to an newly opened till and shitting the one he’s on temporarily, leaving the pod while he’s paying as our tills don’t open after card transactions, clearing the exit area to keep him as far away from other people as possible (even without covid to consider people are disgusting and could be carrying all kinds of shit)).

Turns out he has a completely not immune compromised wife and teen daughter. Which we found out when they came shopping with him.

So he’s either an asshole who gets off on making others work harder or he’s just a special kind of idiot. I do believe he’s immune compromised like he claims because of how he acts (rather then a germphobe) as he does act very similar to a friend of mine who is immune compromised.

But really you have other people who can shop for you then do it. Everyone else is. And we really don’t need the extra work as is. And stop bitching about how we aren’t keeping him safe enough. If you’re immune compromised and have ppl who can shop for you then DONT GO OUT! Especially not in the middle of a damn pandemic.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Just like

Just like not wearing a mask, some people do it to try and prove to the world what a tough guy they are. This is a person who does not want to admit that in some things he is limited. And some time in the future this will come back to bite him hard.

Comment

As a compromised person, I am unsure how I'm meant to "act" to signal this to you... Aside from a small badge I wear to dissuade people from trying to engage in conversation from too near by, the primary thing I do to limit my contact is staying the F*** at home and letting other people handle the in-person stuff I can avoid!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
        Turns out he has a completely not immune compromised wife and teen daughter. Which we found out when they came shopping with him.
        I was about to say maybe this or maybe that, like "maybe his wife or daughter were working and couldn't shop for him" etc but they were actually WITH HIM? Yeah okay, no sympathy. He could stay outside, either in the car, or if they don't have a car he could stay in an open place outside away from people. Coming in on purpose when he had people to shop for him... Are you trying to get sick? Are you really immunocompromised? And I know, I shouldn't assume, but if everyone makes all these efforts for your health, shouldn't YOU also make some efforts?
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

A man in our neighborhood has mild emphysema, I think. Very mild, as in worked a regular job until retirement age. But he IS retirement age, and still has whatever he has. He's got a wife who probably wears a mask (I rarely see her drive away, but she must. They eat.)when she does the shopping. We haven't gotten closer than 10 or 15 feet since the pandemic. We just smile and wave. He has just had a hip replaced, and we've noticed he graduated from walker to walking, so we're guessing all is well. They had the grandchildren over last week, so they are expanding the bubble.

Up the road is another neighbor with cancer, (and not a kind one recovers from.) Those people started out real careful, and now wave mask-less people into their home. He may be thinking he doesn't want to spend what little time he has left putzing around with masks, I don't know.

But the customer in the OP sounds like he just gets off on making other people scurry around for him. I pity the wife and child, who have to live with that.

Comment

Like I get that people can’t stay caged up forever because bills are still a thing and most of us don’t have the luxury of owning our house or being freakishly rich. So you kinda do have to get out and work eventually regardless of the pandemic. But why do people insist on being a pain in the ass and putting everyone at risk? I’ve had customers bitch about me using refusing to take cash (when company policy says you have to use hand sanitizer afterwards) and my hands were literally shaking from the amount of pain I was in because of using hand sanitizer (I’m allergic apparently and though I have a less severe reaction to my own stuff then the bottom shelf gin shit that the store provides after hours of using it and people deciding to use cash for everything again). Things like “it’s just hand sanitizer” and “quit complaining.” Like hello, you customers use hand sanitizer what... two three times a day maybe? Try going through an entire bottle in a day because selfish pricks can’t use the debit card everyone knows they have since they get off on waving a couple hundred dollar bills around like anyone cares how much they have.
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Akaikitsune - can you not wear gloves of some kind? I've seen our market cashiers wear the loose food service gloves, what looks like latex gloves, and the nitriles. You still need to wash them, but it wouldn't be on your skin. Just a thought.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                Akaikitsune - can you not wear gloves of some kind? I've seen our market cashiers wear the loose food service gloves, what looks like latex gloves, and the nitriles. You still need to wash them, but it wouldn't be on your skin. Just a thought.
                I’m apparently allergic to both of the glove types we have. I assume it has more with the duration then what it’s made of because latex gloves have never really bothered me before. But yeah, I used to start with a small and end the shift with an xlarge. Painful Mickey Mouse handsare not really my thing.

Pretty sure the preventative measures are going to kill me before the pandemic. Even those disposable one time use blue masks tend to cause a rash when I wear them (lucky they’re the only masks that do). But on the flip side my store tends to use the cheapest shit they can get away with too so that might have something to do with it as well.

Comment

I’m apparently allergic to both of the glove types we have.
                  My brother has (maybe had? It's been years) a bad allergy to both latex gloves AND to the powder some gloves have inside them. Wasn't fun for him to work at the pizza joint back then. He just had to wash his hands constantly.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I’m apparently allergic to both of the glove types we have.
                    Back in '04, I burned by hand (2nd degree). After I graduated out of the gauze wrap, I wore something akin to these to keep the ointment off stuff. Maybe wearing something like those under the latex might help. I was able to find them at a local pharmacy.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I assume AK means shutting the till he's on and not what she put.... otherwise l could agree with his complaint
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yeah, that REALLY confused me.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                        X