This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I deal with family w/o making it worse

To be more specific how to deal with a family member without backlash going to the other family members who are innocent or have nothing to do with it or worse it coming back to the person I'm trying to protect from such a backlash.

The situation, been in counseling to deal with postpartum depression and the counselor brought up that hubby is showing major signs that he may have Adult A.D.D and possible bipolar. I feel for him as I grew up dealing A.D.D as a kid and a dad that didn't believe I had it just got in my face and used intimidation and insults.

He has been going through that with his mother my MIL. Her response back then when one of his dr's mentioned it as he was growing up nothing wrong with you that's satan trying to get at you. Emphasis on "satan" as if said in a dark evil voice. I have so many harsh responses to her but keep my mouth shut as it was in the past. However if she ever gets word of it that he has ANY mental issues or possible "disorders" she will go off like its the end of the world on him yet it would still somehow be his fault.
    My best bet is to not discuss it with anyone in the family that would actually give him any emotional support. I can't do that as we're close...but again if I said anything MIL would hear it and back to the problem.
Working...
X