Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is this (kind of gross and men might want to run away)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this (kind of gross and men might want to run away)

for the last 2 weeks ive had a very annoying issue.

I dont know if its a yeast infection, UTI or a simple PH imbalance from having my period two weeks ago, which lasted about 9 days.

i was very itchy. it started very mildly but then i thought TP started to aggravate what ever it is. and when im half asleep i cant help but to scratch and i broke skin.

3 days ago out of desperation and lack of sleep i started using an anti itch cream which really help but now i dont know if i hurt because the broken skin is barely healing or not.

i cant tell if i have discharge because of the itch cream and while i have ran the bathroom alittle more often that could be because my body doesnt want the pain of a long bathroom visit.

here what i do know.

my last (and as far as i know only) yeast infection resulted in me double over in agonizing pain in my pelvis that lead to me in the hospital thinking one of my cyst grew to near rupture. my last UTI was a year ago or more and usually result in lower back pain and ive never felt any burning with one before.

the PH thing seems the most likely because since i was very depressed the last two months which cause my hormone levels to fluctuate increasing my estrogen levels to almost menstruation levels, then my mother (who is near the change) has been having very infrequent menstreys about once every 14-17 days, so her pheromones pushed me over the edge and i had 4 periods in a two month period. and i have a history of very uncomfortable itch in the few days after a period which i can believe accelerated this time due to my lack of sleep and inability to not scratch.

so since i have no idea what this is and really cant see a doctor for two weeks (school, health van) i was wonder if anyone had any suggestions.

Here's a yeast infection tip from Cosmo:

Get plain yogurt. It must be plain. Put it on a tampon. Insert tampon. Keep in there for a few minutes. Take out.

Yogurt contains live cultural bacteria that can get rid of a yeast infection.

Also, medications are available without prescription that you insert vaginally.

There are home tests to test for yeast infections by Monistat.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I realize you said cannot go to the doctor right now- but, uhm... if there is ANY way to go- then go. No matter what is happening to your Mom 4 periods in one month is not normal.

If you think you have a Yeast infection then go buy some Monistat (or the generic store brand which will be the same stuff only cheaper). It's all over the counter now.

Assuming you don't want to do that for some reason fill the bathtub half way with luke warm water and add a cup of white vinegar- soak your privates in that. Vinegar water will help return you to the correct PH balance.

Stop using soap on it- rinse very completely with water only. If the itch isn't a yeast infection- it could be an allergy to soap.

Always make sure you are completely dry after washing.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

I have been using wet toilet tissue for quite some time now.

Not every time I go to the bathroom, but I always have a box of it on the back of the toilet for when I go poopy. I feel that the wet personal cleansers clean you out better. I also use them before and after sex.

You can get them in the toilet paper aisle, or you can get the Summer's Eve or Playtex brands.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like a yeast infection. (I've never had one)

Merely eating yogurt will help prevent you from having one. Not just putting some up your cootch.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Another possibility is "nappy rash".

Basically, if you use pads, you're keeping biologically active fluids next to a mucous membrane. Even if you use tampons, you're drying out that membrane.

My continence physiotherapist strongly recommends nappy-rash prevention ointments to many of her patients - depending on their exact conditions.

The one I use is Bepanthen. It may be an Australia-only brand. Either way, it's inexpensive, it contains a healing-assistance cream that helps the skin, and a moisture barrier that helps keep the 'fluids' from actual contact with the skin.

Most good nappy rash creams do much the same.

As for scratching: wear mittens to bed?
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Most of us are not medical professionals.
              We can only guess what's wrong and offer opinions and tips for treating the problem.
              We really can't know, however, what is wrong just from reading the words on a computer screen.
              Without knowing for certain what is wrong, we could be offering well-meaning advice that makes it worse.

Nothing is a substitute for seeing a trained doctor who can examine you and run lab tests if necessary.
              Last edited by Ree; 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Yes - sorry for the second post in such a short time, but I do have to support Ree and NightAngel. Get professional medical help.

If you absolutely, totally cannot get to see a doctor, talk to a pharmacist. Some of the best set-up pharmacies have tiny consulting rooms, so you can talk privately. A nurse practitioner is another option, again if you cannot see a doctor.

It's possible that what you have a simple case of something they can positively identify and recommend treatment for. If not, they will recommend that you see a doctor - and they are likely to know where you CAN get to a doctor, despite your problems doing so.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

i will dont worry,

oh and night angle i re did my my math (i was half asleep when i wrote this first one because i have the flu.) and it was 3 in i had on in october not november.
                  and before october i haddn't had one in almost 2 years, so its reasonable to think id had have few more than usual to clean out the old stuff

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    and before october i haddn't had one in almost 2 years, so its reasonable to think id had have few more than usual to clean out the old stuff
                    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you think it's reasonable to not have a period for 2 years OR have 3 in one month?

You REALLY need a doctor.

Please go- right now.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

I think Sliceanddice is on an IUD, which is supposed to limit your period. So, for her, a couple periods a year (or nearly none, just spotting) may be normal.

Unless I'm turned around on this whole thing. Seasonal*? (brand of BC that makes you have a period less often)

Personally, I'm getting cauterized this summer.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

actually slicey has PCOS, which means her ovaries are covered in cystes and she doesnt make enough estrogen to have a regular period.
                        and its 3 in 2 monthes.

and its offically a PH imbalance, cleaning multiple times a day with a warm wash cloth has made everything better.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.

Feminine issues suck.
                          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            actually slicey has PCOS, which means her ovaries are covered in cystes and she doesnt make enough estrogen to have a regular period.
                            and its 3 in 2 monthes.

and its offically a PH imbalance, cleaning multiple times a day with a warm wash cloth has made everything better.
                            Im sorry to hear that, but glad youre feeling better! Take care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                            X