Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coworker just friendly or trying to send signals?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hokey Smokes! I'm glad you checked him out! And believe me, I am sure that you are not the first person he has fooled.

My charming sociopathic ex-con BIL was exactly the same way. He was in for embezzling funds.

Think of Ted Bundy and everything he got away with at first!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
      The sentence was served on Thursday, when he was absent for personal reasons, and he says he was deathly ill to his stomach on Friday and that's why he wasn't in then.
      Yes, I can see why one might be sick to their stomach when they are in jail on drug charges.

As for the coworker, she wasn't showing her usual signs of trying to chat him up and the like, so maybe her interest doesn't go beyond "jumping him in a heartbeat", as she said the other day.
      Maybe, but do you want to take that gamble? Seriously, talk to her. If she was that interested in him the other day, she probably still is, even if her outward signs did not indicate it. Let her know what you know so she doesn't make any uninformed choices.

Quoth Exaspera View Post
      My charming sociopathic ex-con BIL was exactly the same way. He was in for embezzling funds.

Think of Ted Bundy and everything he got away with at first!
      Oh, stop. Let's not compare idiot drug peddlers and manipulative thieves with Ted freakin' Bundy, okay?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

The boss has been trusting him with power tools since day 1. If he wanted to rampage and kill us all, he's had plenty of chances.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Oh, stop. Let's not compare idiot drug peddlers and manipulative thieves with Ted freakin' Bundy, okay?
          All I'm saying is that he was handsome and charming, too.

And please gimme back my head.
          Last edited by Exaspera; 05-11-2010, 03:25 AM. Reason: added something
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know; he fessed up today to us that he was in trouble for trafficking. So the ball's out of my court and no one has to know that I nosed around and found this out sooner, lol. Huzzah!

Comment

Is it weird that I think it's a positive thing that he came clean about why he was out?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Is it weird that I think it's a positive thing that he came clean about why he was out?

^-.-^
                I agree with you but I still wouldn't date him...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know; he fessed up today to us that he was in trouble for trafficking. So the ball's out of my court and no one has to know that I nosed around and found this out sooner, lol. Huzzah!
                  That is excellent! The question is, why did he do this? Did the employer question the validity of his excuse for the work days he missed?

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Not at all. After all, there is much positive about this. As stated above, SGA is in the clear for checking up on him. Also, she doesn't need to tell the other coworker that may be interested in him, as she now knows. Finally, there is the small possibility that he is trying to turn his life around and this is one of the first steps. And, if so, that is very much a good thing.

Though of course I still wouldn't date him. And not just because he's a guy and I'm not into that, but more because it is rather common for people who are trying to turn their life around to fall back into the old habits that got them into the shit and the drama in the first place. And who needs that?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    That is excellent! The question is, why did he do this? Did the employer question the validity of his excuse for the work days he missed?
                    I think his excuse for the actual day he spent in court was personal reasons or somesuch, and he only told a group of us on break about his 'being in trouble'. I guess when you get probation, a phone call is made to your place of employment to let them know, and he's worried he'll lose his job. He gave them the number of the guy who is directing remodel, who I'm pretty sure knows the real story. Lead guy likes R's work, and I have to admit, the guy does not mess around at work and does what he does well. Lead told R that if this store doesn't keep him, he's welcome to apply at his home store. I mean hell, you have to pass a drug test for the Mart to employ you, so I doubt the guy has used in a while if that's his thing. Like you said, not that it doesn't mean he won't slip right back into old habits, but I think he should be allowed to work as long as he's clean and dependable. I also don't doubt the ER story; if he didn't have a genuine illness, he may have had some sort of breakdown, who knows.

And yeah, while I sure as hell ain't gonna be holding hands anymore or bringing him home to meet the parents, I was impressed that he admitted that in front of us like that. He's been acting really bothered since last week.

Comment

Ok . . . a little update.

I watch his page on a social networking site and it seems that he was set up in February and dealing drugs is not something he did before or made a habit of doing. While it was still dumb that he let himself get caught up in that . . . is it wrong that I'm kind of interested in him again? Most of remodel was offered permanent jobs within the store so I still see him fairly often, and if we're on lunch at the same time, he'll ask me to join him (We never go anywhere, just sit outside) and we talk about this, that, and everything.

Am I going to get myself in a world of emotional trouble if I keep doing this and even seeking him out at times?

Comment

Stop stalking him on social networking sites, and forget about this guy. Trouble once, likely trouble always.

I was dating a guy who got a DUI.... I should have just ditched him then. After DUI Number two, I told him he was a dumbass if he didn't know that once you've been convicted, it's zero tolerance for blood alcohol levels. We broke up shortly thereafter. He's currently on DUI number four, lost his license, and he's in jail. *sigh* idiot.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Am I going to get myself in a world of emotional trouble if I keep doing this and even seeking him out at times?
                          Yes.

I don't believe that he was set up. Even on the tiny, tiny, tiny chance that he was, what does it show about his judgement to even be in a situation where getting arrested for dealing DATE RAPE DRUGS is a possiblity? Do you want to date someone with very bad judgement? There are plenty of non-skeezy guys out there, believe it or not.

Comment

You will be burned by this. Don't do it.
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

From the looks of things he doesn't really seem like a bad person but he does seem to lack judgment and common sense so I'd strongly caution against a romantic relationship. By all means continue to be nice and friendly with him, just keep in mind that he has done questionable things and may again do questionable things (though not necessarily the same things as in the past).

Comment

...it seems that he was set up in February and dealing drugs is not something he did before or made a habit of doing.
                                You realize, of course, that everyone in prison is innocent? You don't believe me? Just go ask them. They'll tell you.

I have heard "woe is me" and "I was set up" tales from all kinds of scumballs and sleazebags. Rapists, drug dealers, domestic abusers, burglars, car thieves, etc. 99.99% of the time, they are as full of shit as a port-o-john at a Phish concert.

. . . is it wrong that I'm kind of interested in him again?
                                Wrong? No. Misguided? Yes.

In a single word: Yes.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X