Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might want to check out 'white noise' or noise canceling machines. It would be hard to find the correct frequency, but might be worth checking into.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• It's a great idea, if it weren't for the fact that they LOVE to pump up the bass, too. That steady, pounding rhythm is very powerful.

Comment

• Quoth Eireann View Post
        It's a great idea, if it weren't for the fact that they LOVE to pump up the bass, too. That steady, pounding rhythm is very powerful.
        Hey I would sell one of my animals for a "steady, pounding rhythm"

Ba-dum-tsch.

I'm here all night.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

• You wouldn't want THIS steady, pounding rhythm. I can guarantee you that.

Pounding on the wall doesn't work. Either they ignore it, or they knock on their side of the wall, or they turn it up. Sometimes it's a combination of the above.

Usually, they keep it down in the evenings, but they have it turned up right now, and of course, pounding on the wall had zero effect.

I received an answer to the email I sent to the EU body in charge of noise regulation. They told me to contact the local government. Big surprise. Local government hasn't answered me yet. Another big surprise. I've contacted the Ministry of Justice and the city government for this particular area. I hope to hear something favorable soon, before I truly lose my mind.

Comment

• They. Are. Doing. It. AGAIN!!!!!

School has started, but either someone is skipping, or they got off early today, or there was no school today. I don't know.

Just to give you an idea, I just heard from next door:

What is love
            Baby don't hurt me
            Don't hurt me
            No more

I hate that song anyway; I REALLY hate it when it's being blasted through the wall. Who does it, and what is the title? I want to be able to prove that I can, indeed, hear the actual lyrics when they've got the stereo on.

My landlady told me that the teenagers don't listen with headphones because they're already partially deaf. While this is a plausible excuse, I don't believe it. I don't think my landlady is lying to me; I think the neighbors are lying to her, in an attempt to avoid responsibility. She probably believes it, but I can't believe it anymore.

I did discover that the MAXIMUM limit for sound that filters through the wall is 40 decibels. I was depressed by this at first, thinking, "Forty decibels? That's a lot."

Well, no, it's not. I looked it up online. Regular human conversation is 60 decibels. 40 is the same amount of noise your refrigerator makes when it's humming.

When a noise complaint is filed, someone has to come over and measure the noise to see if it does, indeed, exceed the limits. Now I know that the measurement will be WELL above what is permitted. When the hell am I going to get an answer to the emails I sent to the Czech government?

Comment

• It's called "What is Love", but there's going to be a lot of covers of it, so we can't really tell who did it without hearing the music.

Comment

• Okay, just knowing the title is enough, I think. I've also heard Madonna blasting through the wall.

Comment

• Haddaway did it.

...I like that song.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Was it this one? Youtube Link

Comment

• I didn't click the link, because I can't stand the song. I hope that the fact that I could hear the lyrics will be enough.

Comment

• This is just DRIVING ME INSANE.

The little fuckers cranked up the sound so loudly yesterday, I could hear it from the street, and I think their windows were closed. It's that bad. I was talking to a friend who is a lawyer, and he told me that there is no law against me ringing their doorbell constantly during the day.

I spent, oh, three to five minutes of my conversation with him standing at the neighbors' door, hand planted firmly on the doorbell. Too bad I didn't have a roll of duct tape. They didn't come out; I didn't think they would. I'm sure that they cranked up the volume some more.

With all the shit I was getting at Loser Company, I feel that life was giving me several hard kicks in the ass to get the hell out of there. I finally did, but not until the "management" booted me out. My guess is that life is doing the same thing to me now - only, what do I do, when I'm not working regularly, or making a steady income? I'm worried about how I'm going to pay next months' rent, and here I'm being harassed constantly by entitlement whores next door. I don't need this kind of life lesson. If I'm meant to leave this place and move on, I want the signs to be clear AND non-aggressive. This situation is just causing me to grow angrier and angrier, raising my stress level and bringing me closer to having another breakdown, like the one I had that prompted me to start this thread in the first place.

I am going to the authorities to file a complaint against the neighbors; I am going to take any and all legal action I possibly can, and if that isn't enough, I'm going to lobby for VERY strict noise regulations with VERY clear, VERY harsh punishment if these regulations are breached. I'm going to talk to journalists and tell them my story so they can write about the problems faced by those who, like me, find little recourse for harassment.

There is no such thing, in this country, as slapping a harassment charge against someone, and no such charge as invasion of privacy. They're only now getting around to implementing a law against stalking, and that one won't even take effect until next year. It's long past time for that, and long past time for laws against noise from TVs, stereos, and other sources of unnecessary noise to be in effect.

Comment

Working...
                        X