This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got the Off Meds Phone Call

I've given this advice and it just came back to hit me. I have a friend who knows my deal and she called me today.

Apparently I've been mean and snappy. "Self abusive" with a short fuse. There was a whole debacle with my meds and I havent been on them for "9 days" according to her.

So tomorrow shes coming over to take me to my doctor to sort it out and then going to the pharm with me to pick them up.

Not a phone call you want to get. I feel crazier than usual.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Good for you for having this arrangement, Whiskey.

And good on you for taking care of yourself and going to see your doctor about this.

I wish you the best.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Well, for some reason, someone at a pharm (i use[d] 2) screwed up. I had three refills, but someone labeled it as NO refills. I went to my doc the day I was out (refill day) and they rewrote it for the wrong amount. So I just went "eh, ill wait till payday" which is 2pm on the 22nd. I could have gotten it filled for the wrong amount in the mean time but blah blah bad with money had fun instead and just didnt do it.

Theres an issue with my script every month for some reason and I just lost the interest with the job stress and everything. I don't even really care but she'll show up tomorrow regardless of if I care of not.

Comment

She's a good friend.

I care too, Whiskey. If you're anything like A, you NEED those meds.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

It's good you have a friend who pays attention and will do that for you.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I called out of work today. no ifs ands or buts, i'm not mentally fit to really be in public, let alone deal with them. Im of sound mind, but just barely. My job harrassed me with phone calls and texts incessantly, even after my COUNSELOR got on the phone and told them I was not fit to come to work, period.

Now I feel like the world is disintegrating.

edit: called out of work FIVE HOURS before my shift.

Comment

a "restricted" number just called me. ITS AFTER MIDNIGHT. I can't prove it was them unless they're stupid enough to leave a voicemail. It was a joke title in MIM when I said "obsessively stalked" but now its starting to feel real. Im afraid to go to work tomorrow what the hell

Comment

"now I feel like the world is disintegrating"

Okay Whiskey. I'm now officially concerned. Your counsellor and your good friend are helping you through this, yes? Please, please stick with them, let them support you and help you.

PM me if you need someone who understands to babble at. You know I'm personally anxiety/depressive, and my love A is schizoaffective: I understand the need sometimes for someone to just be a sounding board. PM your other friends here, too - whoever you're most comfortable with.

Please try to remember that some of the worst of your feelings are caused by the neurochemical problems, and that once your meds have picked up again, the world will be back in one piece.

Comment

Going to drive up to the labor board today. I can't deal with the kind of harassment I got last night, especially for the state I was in, mentally. Its unacceptable normally, it was cruelty last night. I don't even remember most of the night, apparently I left my car unlocked with my purse in it. I activated my check card (which i DO NOT DO) and spent money. Thankfully, I didn't empty my bank account like I usually do.

Comment

Whiskey, hon, you probably don't want to hear this; but that sounds like my dear A when she's in a manic state.

Let your friend look after you. Please. Let your counsellor help you too.

Comment

I'm better today. Taking my pills and everything. I went to work. The labor board (see gen work chat) said everything my job is doing is legal so my old boss is going to call his lawyer-brother and see what he says. I'm working out a schedule with another coworker (the only other closer) since we're both full time students starting in the fall (end of august).

Oh and it turns out theres a guy willing to close and was BEGGING for more hours. He closed last night with absolutely zero complaint.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                        I'm better today. Taking my pills and everything.
                        Good.

Please keep us informed till the crisis has passed, but .. phew. Thank you.

And still PM someone if you need/want to.

Comment

how do i stop spending money? I made something like six grand in 2 months and its all gone. ALL OF IT. It didn't go to debt, it didn't go to a new car, it went to.. nothing. It just evaporated. A lot of it went to eating out because I was working 90+ hours a week, but not six grand worth of food. I live within my means because I dont give myself the means to live beyond them. I have my one (cut up) secured credit card with a 300$ limit and I make like 1k a month now. I need savings. I need all of it. But every time I'm down (or up) I spend money. I feel like crap if I don't burn though my money. I have no savings, no safety net, I barely have a car. I need to stop spending but I can't figure out how.

I didn't want to make a new thread because I make too many threads.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            how do i stop spending money?
                            I didn't want to make a new thread because I make too many threads.
                            I wouldn't worry about that, I make loads of new threads! lol! glad you're feeling better.

Why not make the spending into a game? only take out the very minimum you need, and then see how little of it you can spend.

or, if you must spend money, but lots of little things, which do not add up to much, a book at a yard sale, something in the (pound/dollar) shop?

or, buy something which will keep you occupied and not spend money, a model to make, a jigsaw puzzle?

or start collecting something relatively rare (1980's cookery books?) and only spend money when you find one, the hunt will keep you occupied.
                            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post

or start collecting something relatively rare (1980's cookery books?) and only spend money when you find one, the hunt will keep you occupied.
                              This seems like the only one that might work. I like nice things. I grew up really poor, without much, and I just grew into a habit of owning nice things. But I'm particular about what it is. I refuse to buy clothes. Its a body image thing and a long story.

I'll buy mid/high end make up (that I dont really wear), high end perfumes (chanel, dior, givenchy, viktor & wolf), crystal decanters (i have a thing, go figure), antique perfume bottles.

Thats it. If it comes to buying clothes or dropping more than 300$ at a time, I won't do it. If I ever hit a size 6, I might start sinking money into designer clothes. I'd have to get a better job, then.

I have issues with waiting. Everything has needs to be instant. NOW. NOW. NOWWWWWWW??? NOW. I feel like if i wait, i'm going to suffocate on time.

Well, now I'm not making sense. I can't explain my habits without sounding..... off.

edit: and I can't buy things out of a set. Its why I havent built any computers. I won't buy parts seperately.I have to drop a grand right then and get all parts shipped to me. Wait, shipping? BUT NOW OMG NOWWWWWWWW
                              Last edited by Whiskey; 07-25-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X