This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    My therapist is useless and fucking stupid. I hate the woman. No I cant get a new one, no I cant get a new provider. The entire program (i have a "team" of useless motherfuckers who exist to piss me off, i guess) refuses the original diagnosis I had from 2005. Bi polar II, rapid cycle. According to my new doctors, I'm simply depressed.

If I mention anything about mania, excessive spending, hyper sexual behaviors, or any other classic signs of bi polar disorder, they just shrug it off and change the subject.

I'm on my own.
    This is not good, you need to have some sort of rapport with your therapist for the treatment to work. Is there any way of complaining, or getting a second review, or anything?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...742cat13030757

*whiiiiiiinesssssssss*

edit:
      Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
      This is not good, you need to have some sort of rapport with your therapist for the treatment to work. Is there any way of complaining, or getting a second review, or anything?
      No. Treatment will continue to fail because they do not care about my actual progress. They diagnosed me with conditions I dont have, won't diagnose me with the conditions I obviously have, and fail to give a shit in general. I've told her outright, "I don't like you and I don't trust you." I still have to see her once a week so we can talk about absolutely nothing important. The last time I complained they tried to evict me every single month for eight months.
      Last edited by Whiskey; 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I'm a little confused when you talk about your counselor and your work.

Is this a therapist or just a work counselor to help people get jobs?
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          [url]
          No. Treatment will continue to fail because they do not care about my actual progress. They diagnosed me with conditions I dont have, won't diagnose me with the conditions I obviously have, and fail to give a shit in general. I've told her outright, "I don't like you and I don't trust you." I still have to see her once a week so we can talk about absolutely nothing important. The last time I complained they tried to evict me every single month for eight months.
          I can't imagine it Whiskey, what it must be like, and I'm sorry.
          Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Is this a therapist or just a work counselor to help people get jobs?
            I have both. both are idiots.

These people are vindictive and horrible. Even my (sane) friend thinks my therapist is setting me up for something. Every session, without provocation, she reminds me shes a mandated reporter and has to report if I'm a danger to others or myself. This is the woman who forced me to sign a "care plan" stating I'm an alcoholic (irony, right?) depressive and that I agree with the course of treatment. How did she force me? By telling me if I didn't sign, I could go back to living on the streets. One of the best medications for my issues is an addictive substance (which isnt addictive if you have the disorder). I can't even get a xanax because theyve put so much false shit in my file about me being a huge drug addict/drunk/whatever. IVE NEVER HAD A GOD DAMN DRUG PROBLEM. I HAD A HOMELESS, FUCKED UP CHILDHOOD, UNMEDICATED MENTAL ILLNESS PROBLEM.

god. fucking. damn it.

edit: I have to resort to possibly getting put on a DEA watch list and buying Bronkaid over the pharmacy counter (no script needed). It has ephedrine (sulfate) in it and if I take too much I fall asleep. Obviously this is not the typical reaction you get from speed.
            Last edited by Whiskey; 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Wow, what an awful situation.

And there's no way you can ask for different help, aka, ditch the evil idiots?
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                Wow, what an awful situation.

And there's no way you can ask for different help, aka, ditch the evil idiots?
                Quoth Whiskey from Page 3
                No I cant get a new one, no I cant get a new provider.
                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

The "advocate" I mentioned in another thread who told me to "get over" the harassing phone calls and text messages when I had my little mental vacation called me and left a voicemail today

"just seeing if theres anything else I can help you with!"

The only thing she helps me with is obtaining a migraine. Oh and I should give more than five hours notice if I'm going to go bat fucking loopy. I think it looks less authentic if I have a psychotic break schedule written up in google calendar.

edit: oh god my therapist is coming tomorrow. I wish that bitch would just go away. Now I have to clean excessively because any little spec of anything anywhere and they act like I have roaches. And here I was going to refrain from buying wine tonight. There is no way.
                  Last edited by Whiskey; 07-27-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    If I mention anything about mania, excessive spending, hyper sexual behaviors, or any other classic signs of bi polar disorder, they just shrug it off and change the subject.
                    Holy CRAP!

Whiskey, that's just .. that's awful! That's SO wrong it's unbelievable.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      Holy CRAP!

Whiskey, that's just .. that's awful! That's SO wrong it's unbelievable.
                      Truth. And... your therapist is an IDIOT.

I had a similarly stupid one. Her office was decorated in tapestries of unicorns and she told me that I could 'get over it' if I just 'wished hard enough.' Seriously, how do some of these people get licenses...?

You need better doctors. What's the reason that you can't change to another provider?

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
                        What's the reason that you can't change to another provider?
                        No other program in the county I live in accepts uninsured patients. If I move, Im back to being homeless and living in my car.

edit: my FULL TIME BUT NOT FULL TIME job doesnt provide health insurance because while I work full time I'm not full time.
                        Last edited by Whiskey; 07-27-2010, 05:37 AM.

Comment

You may want to seek legal advice. I am not a lawyer, but I can't see how this is legal at all. At least you should be able to pursue a second opinion regardless if they like it or not. In a place of YOUR choosing.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Whisky, you need a 3rd party advocate.

Someone else outside all this shit to say "You people in this program are TURDS and need to help her NOW!"

Christ. Hugs. Legal Aid?

Cutenoob
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

The program is in process of getting shut down, mostly because of me. One of my college professors (who is in the mental health field, mental health related class) heard about my stories on and off twice a week for six months. She was on the local city board of mental health. Now shes on the state board of mental health. I dont know what'll happen to me if they get shut down. Theres no one else I can go to, not that they help and I'm not saying I want to stick with them, but I'm absolutely on my own once this program is kaput. Unless I find some kind of health insur--ahahahahaa, jk. I'll never fucking get health insurance.

Comment

*hugs* I want you to go to a mental health office (sorry can't spell the other word, so won't butcher it trying), and ask about Title X. Not all states have it, but if they do, and you make under x amount (differs per state) you can get free help. Absolutely free, medicine included. I can't guarantee you have it where you are, or don't make under the X amount they need..but can't hurt to try.

Also, here is a website that list phone numbers by state, the help is free. http://www.mhsanctuary.com/borderline/tollfree.htm

Not sure where you live, if you live in the states or where..just trying to help.
                                Last edited by Mytical; 07-27-2010, 11:19 AM.
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X