This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    This thread's proof that there are people here who care. Talk and vent, we'll listen. I can't promise more than that, but we'll be here.

I'm going to get out of the house (but my phone has internet and IM or whatever. Ill be less of a bummer once I'm out in the night). I'm going to cash my rent check and pay my electric bill, do some food shopping maybe. I get paid again on the fifth, I'll just have to pay walmart to cash it out right since the fifth is the last day to pay rent "on time."

Positive note: My bank didn't charge me a NSF for each of the two purchases since my balance was less than 10$ in the hole. I had to deposit my money order (see: sightings) so I can't pay my power bill until tomorrow.

Depressing note: I picked up a low income electricity discount form from my power company. For a household of one you have to make less than $1,943 oer month. I made $949 this month.
    Last edited by Whiskey; 07-29-2010, 05:05 PM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I understand the friends that didn't stick with Whiskey. I don't like it, but I understand. My best friend can be very, very difficult when her medication is wrong.

Similarly, I can be a MAJOR problem when mine are wrong.

It's so hard.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

This one was "friends" with me because shes studying to be a counselor or whatever and used me to "learn" about mental illness. I didn't know about this until 2 weeks ago when she was complaining about her lack of boundaries and went "Look at us! we're friends now!"

woops. sorry. Its weird. After I spent 100$ on her, she emailed me telling me what a great friend I was. Now I'm some horrible self-centered bitch. I guess that 50$ in perfume oil she loves but cant afford and its being discontinued that i got for her is self-centered as fuck. And all the treats to lunch, god that must have been terrible for her.

I quit friends. I quit social interaction. I'll go to work, lie in bed, and occasionally eat food.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          I quit friends. I quit social interaction. I'll go to work, lie in bed, and occasionally eat food.
          Well, don't quit us or interacting with us, please, and make some good food. Your crockpot recipes sound both healthy and tasty.
          I don't know how much having online friends helps, but don't doubt that we care.

Comment

Look at that happy retard. Now I have to go to work. Bah.

Comment

Happycat is happy.

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              This one was "friends" with me because shes studying to be a counselor or whatever and used me to "learn" about mental illness. I didn't know about this until 2 weeks ago when she was complaining about her lack of boundaries and went "Look at us! we're friends now!"
              Oh god. You do not become "friends" with someone to learn about their condition. That's ...

(sigh)

That's treating the person as a thing. Oh Hai. You're Schizoaffective Disorder. How are you?
              Hello Depression.
              Greetings, Fibromyalgia.
              How are you doing, Bipolar?

Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That is an adorable cat.

That "friend" also sounds amazingly fucked up. I'm studying to be a clinical psychologist myself, and I would NEVER become friends with someone just so I could study their condition! WTF.

Your therapist sounds awful like they should not even have their license. I haven't had a therapist that blatantly bad, but I did have one ask me, on first meeting, "So what did your father do to you sexually?" Yes. I want to tell you that THE FIRST FUCKING TIME I MET YOU. And also was like "Oh, so your sister is stronger than you, then?" when I mentioned how my sister abused me. Yeah. Thanks. Fuck you.

I take it there's no mental health alternative at your college? That's how I got therapy for a year [even if it sucked ass]. I only had to pay $5 a session and they didn't care if I had health insurance or not.

Hope something works out Whiskey, that sounds like a rotten place to be stuck in.
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Theres not, but funny story. One of the intern/nurse students/whatever came through drive one night and screamed at me, called me a bitch, etc. Yeah, not comfortable sharing my internal dilemmas with them anyways.

Comment

Working...
                  X