This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Effing Pill! *gross*

So, my insurance company, like most, forces their customers to use generic drugs if there is one.

I was on Lybrel, the Pill that keeps you from having a period. Then they came out with a generic, Amethyst.

Naturally, I had no choice. I phone in my refill, went to pick it up, lo and behold, the pharmacist told me that they now have a generic, and my insurance dictates I have to have generics (that is, unless you or your doc can guilt the insurance company into changing that).

The first week was fine. Then the other day, I went to the bathroom and what was in my panties?

SPOTTING. That light brownish reddish blood that a normal woman would get right around the time her period was ending. I haven't seen that stuff since when I was overdue for a Depo shot.

And tonight, it got worse. I tolerated it before, because it was just very light spotting. If I took my Pill a few hours earlier, I found that the following day, I wouldn't spot.

Today I was a couple hours late taking my Pill because I overslept.

Just a while ago.... go to use the bathroom and discovered I just spotted so much, it full on destroyed a pair of panties. I can't wash the spotting off. Granted, I have no laundry soap here, but I have been using whatever soap I have and keep soaking them. It's still light brown at best. And just AFTER it (which I didn't even feel the spotting happen), I am getting fucking CRAMPS. I only had cramps the first two months I was on Lybrel (but no secretions).

I HATE THIS FUCKING PILL. When am I going to full on just randomly start bleeding now? I never know when it's going to happen. Gee, I sure want to walk around every day having to wear a pad or tampon.

FUCKINAYE. FUCK YOU AMETHYST.

That is all.
    Last edited by blas; 07-31-2011, 07:33 AM.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Maybe try and see if your doctor will get you back onto the name-brand? if you have enough for the copay that is.

Comment

Medically necessary is the words to use. It will normally get the medication that the doctor wants you to have. Call your doctor on Monday and ask them about it.

Comment

I called the insurance company this morning (in a much more calm mood) and the rep told me that it's not a problem with BC pills to be put back on name brand as long as I don't mind paying the co-pay (which is $20 versus the $10 generic).

I would be happy to pay $20 a month and not need to buy tampons and pads that will cost more than the $10 a month.

They told me to call the doctor on Monday and ask her to simply re-prescribe me to the name brand drug itself, and make a special note that it's only for name brand.

Comment

After I had my daughter my doctor put me on a generic birth control pill. I agreed to take it because it was pretty cheap. It made me feel horrible I was nauseous all the time and was feeling depressed and had no energy or motivation to do anything. I stopped taking it and asked to be switched over to a brand name, and haven't had any problems.

I was going to suggest that one option for you might be to go to Planned Parenthood. At all the ones I've been to they offer birth control on a sliding scale basis. When I was a poor broke college student, I got my yearly exam done, plus a year's supply of birth control pills. All I had to was show them my Student ID, and proof of my very little income. All they asked is that I make a donation of whatever I could afford to them, which I happily did.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            I called the insurance company this morning (in a much more calm mood) and the rep told me that it's not a problem with BC pills to be put back on name brand as long as I don't mind paying the co-pay (which is $20 versus the $10 generic).

I would be happy to pay $20 a month and not need to buy tampons and pads that will cost more than the $10 a month.

They told me to call the doctor on Monday and ask her to simply re-prescribe me to the name brand drug itself, and make a special note that it's only for name brand.
            Yay~! Victory!

... holy bears, woman! ... that's obscene. So I should count myself blessed that I use maybe 6 pads per? And five naproxen at most?

I am so glad they were completely chill about you switching back. maybe they all know not to deal with an angry, hormonal woman???
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

If you haven't tossed your underpants yet, try soaking them in cold salt water. Remember never to wash blood stains out with hot or warm water (it sets the stain), always use cold water.
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

and if that cold water trick doesn't work try oxy clean, I think it always needs hot water though. But by then they are pretty much a lost cause anyway so what do you have to lose.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

One last tip. Hydrogen peroxide will always remove blood. Just check if you are using it on color clothes to make sure it doesn't bleach them.

Comment

Check out the news reports today. I am not sure when it will go into effect and I am sure that insurance companies will file suit on it, but at some point, Birth control is to be provided by insurance companies with out the requirement of a copay. http://news.yahoo.com/insurers-must-...140750830.html

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Just a while ago.... go to use the bathroom and discovered I just spotted so much, it full on destroyed a pair of panties. I can't wash the spotting off.
                      cold water and salt gets out blood-don't ask me how I know that <_<

you can just put them in cold water and dump a ton of salt on the bloodstain and it will go away...
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I don't have any salt at home....I tossed the panties the night it happened.

Thanks for the advice anyways. I will surely need it for the rest of this cycle of pills before I can go back to name brand and not experience this bullshit anymore.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          So, my insurance company, like most, forces their customers to use generic drugs if there is one.

I was on Lybrel, the Pill that keeps you from having a period. Then they came out with a generic, Amethyst.

Naturally, I had no choice. I phone in my refill, went to pick it up, lo and behold, the pharmacist told me that they now have a generic, and my insurance dictates I have to have generics (that is, unless you or your doc can guilt the insurance company into changing that).
                          Excuse me? Your doctor prescribed Lybrel, and the pharmacist filled the prescription with Amethyst - I was under the impression that only a doctor can approve changing a prescription. Looks like one of 2 possibilities:

1. Someone at the insurance company has a name ending in "MD", and orders the change in prescription DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU. Does "Malpractice" ring a bell?

2. Someone at the insurance company, whose name does not end in "MD", ordered the change. Does "Practicing medicine without a license" ring a bell?

Also, what about the prescription pads that drug companies used to distribute free to doctors (the ones with "No substitutions" printed on them in a font that looked like handwriting)? If your doctor was using one of those pads, then the pharmacist mis-filled the prescription (substituting a generic when the prescription said "No substitutions").
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It defaults through insurance that way. It's not malpractice or against the law. There was no generic for Lybrel until recently. When I called the insurance company, I was told that's how it works, and you have to take the initiative to call your doctor and have it changed.

Most insurance companies make you use generic unless it's deemed medically necessary by your doctor to have name brand. Fortunately, BC pills are of a nature that it's no big deal to have your doc represcribe you and note no substitutions.

Comment

Wolfie, for a pharmacy to fill an order with the brand name when there is a generic available, the MD has to specifically write "No generic" or "Brand Name Only" or something along those lines, and there are very few reasons that this ever occurs. Blas's case is one (well, her new prescription will be one). Pts on thyroid meds sometimes need the brand name. The VAST majority of people do the same on generic and brand name drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X