Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just looking for some form of support really...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK is right about that. How's your family history? Do the women in your family live past 70 or die of breast cancer before 50? If the former, your aunt has a good chance.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My grandma and great-aunt and uncle all died of cancer before the age of 60. The doctors are optimistic, so I am too.

Comment

No chemo? That's an excellent sign. They probably caught it before it became invasive.

She's going to be all right. Positive thoughts, okay?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

If they're saying that, then it probably hasn't metastasised (sp?). Basically, it's still one single cancer nodule, and all they have to do is remove that nodule and make sure they've got every last trace of it.

It sounds extremely positive.

That's what they had to do for my aunt who survived.
          Last edited by Seshat; 09-16-2011, 03:47 AM.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the news.

Breast cancer is incredibly treatable (and curable) when caught early. It's one of the "better" cancers to get. If you want some patient information from the #1 cancer center in the US, PM me. I spend quite a bit of time there for school.

Comment

There's another lump. I don't know where, but there's another lump.

Comment

<crossing fingers that it's 'just a lump' and not a spread of this cancer>

<it's incredibly hard to type with crossed fingers>
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thanks Seshat it's in her armpit so it could just be a gland, but they have to check. Her appointment is at 10am today.

Comment

*hughughughug* Hopes and prayers on the way.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

They've said it's just a cyst. They haven't even done a biopsy they're so sure.

Comment

Woooooo! Nifty!

Rapscallion

Comment

That's great news!!
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Yeah she's had an op to remove the tumour as well so with a bit of luck this time next week she'll be told she's cancer free

Comment

I am glad things are going good, and keeping my fingers crossed that things get even better.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

A not-so-good update: she's been back for her results and the cancer's spread to her lymph nodes in the armpit. That means another op next Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                                X