Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, I really think you did the right thing.

Please check back in and let us know how you're doing with everything.

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Break ups are never easy, not even the good ones where you agree to stay friends, but all things considered, I think you'd be much happier without her in time. Just remember you have friends here.

Comment

Geez,

After reading this thread I've come to realize the reason why my last couple of relationships went bad as I was behaving in the very way the OP's girlfriend is.

Anyone have advice for how I can keep myself aware of this, so I can stop from doing it should I meet another person I'd want to spend my life with?

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          I headed for the train home, I get to the station, and I find myself struggling to board my train. It suddenly dawns on me that I don't want to go home. And that's when I decided it was time to end things.
          This is the universe telling you what you don't want to hear. I left my husband the day I was driving home from work and realized I was actively wishing that I would find him dead when I got home. I skipped the exit and drove straight to my sister's.
          I think you did the right but difficult thing. For what it is worth, I think gaining two lifelong friends is more important than keeping a controling GF.

Comment

I haven't read everyone's replies to this before commenting, so please forgive me if I missed anything in the conversation that makes my reply seem weird.
            I will straight up admit that I control the friends my boyfriend has. This is because he has brought a lot of questionable people to our house. He's a good guy, but he trusts people way too much. He has brought over people that have stolen from us, people that have done drugs in our bathroom, and people that will tell him they are older than they are so that he will drink with them and then find out later they were underage.
            So yeah, I kind of filter through the friends he brings over.
            That being said, even I think your girlfriend is being unreasonable.

Edit to add: I feel like what I just said might sound a little crazy. I feel I must add that I don't ban my bf from seeing these people. I just don't allow them at our house. The only people I will ban are drug addicts. I'm trying to be a police officer for god's sake!

Also, I read through the replies now and I'm sorry to hear about the end of your relationship, but I do think you made the right decision. You're way too awesome to not have a super awesome girl by your side.
            Last edited by notlovinit; 12-12-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Sorry it happened but it was for the best, CRML.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, man.
                To be honest, it sounds like SHE was attracted to THEM and couldn't deal with that. It's possible that ther was some infidelity in her past either from her or a former SP, but either way she needs to deal with that and mvoe on or a healthy relationship just isn't possible.
                You've got a good support network, lean on it and move on to having some fun
                Last edited by Redbeard; 12-12-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

CRML, I too am saddened that you had to end your relationship but this woman has severe control issues and I don't think you would ever have been happy with her. I have been married to my husband for 14 years, and sadly he tends to be very controlling and manipulative, and sometimes jealous though that's not as bad as the other things. I love him, but I'm often miserable, and I really don't know if we're going to make it in the long run. I do know that if we don't, I will never, EVER let myself get into this situation again. There are some advantages to getting older...I have a much better idea of who I am, who I'm not, what I want and what I DON'T want than I did when I was young.

Hugs, and best wishes to you for a much happier life on YOUR terms
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm sorry to hear things have ended. It's never easy to end a relationship, even if the person you're with is driving you up the wall.

Honestly, she sounds a lot like my ex, who was incredibly jealous and controlling. He would get pissed off at me if I dared speak to another man besides him (even guys who were mutual friends of ours) and even got mad if my female friends hugged me or touched me in any way, he forced me to talk to him on the phone for at least two hours every day, and if I tried to hang with another guy friend (we all kinda lived in the same neighborhood), Ex would come truckin' in uninvited and without even knocking so he could sit right between me and said guy friend to ensure we would behave.

It was hell, but I eventually reached a point where I wished he would have made good on his suicide threats. Left his ass without so much as shedding a tear (but with some help with the guy I was in love with), and he did that whole, "I don't approve of this breakup, so we are still dating as far as I'm concerned" thing. That was real fun, and he threatened to kill my new BF for a few months.

But I digress. This isn't about me (sorry for rambling). I'm sorry things didn't work out, but dealing with such a jealous and controlling person will just drain you in every sense of the word. They're like sociopaths - they feel they aren't doing anything wrong and will do whatever it takes to get their own way. Here's hoping life starts feeling a little better now that this person is out of your life. (hugs)
                    Last edited by ShadowBall; 12-15-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X