This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee is not creepy.

Invite back to basement dungeon of whips and chains is creepy. Between the two are shades of grey, but coffee is fine and harmless.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Coffee is not creepy.

Invite back to basement dungeon of whips and chains is creepy. Between the two are shades of grey, but coffee is fine and harmless.

Rapscallion
      *thwaps Raps upside the head*
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
        Just remember that nothing worthwhile happens in life without a little bit of effort. You won't know what his response will be until you ask him.
        If someone asks me about math or biology or literature or any of the useless things I know about, I could talk away. When it comes to dating, I'm clueless. I have no confidence with men and I always assume he will have a girlfriend already and isn't interested in me. I don't know what he'll say, but I get too scared and shy to say anything.

Quoth sms001 View Post
        I'm assuming waist, elbows, knees, and neck fulfill this requirement?
        There's really nothing creepy going on here at all, it's SOP for, well, dating. Or is it the "role reversal" part that you think is odd? If so, I've always been VERY flattered when the woman approached me, from the casual line (like yours above) to a convoluted plot to have dinner alone (a workmate who was a little on the shy side).

Go for it.
        Oops lol I slacked on typo checks there
        I guess it is the role reversal that seems odd to me. I've never asked a guy out or even started conversation. I wait until a guy talks to me or sit and hope he notices me.
        Answers: $1
        Correct Answers: $2
        Answers that require thought: $5
        Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Seriously, the BEST pickup line ever is simply... "Hi!"

You already have a class with him so you can introduce yourself and just try talking.

btw this sound sweet. ;-)

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I keep giggling at this.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Interesting reward for being right

Rapscallion

Comment

You forgot the bunch of radishes.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Interesting reward for being right

Rapscallion
                  How many shades of grey, anyway?
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

10. There was what I thought to be a 20% of offer, but since I was buying I didn't read it properly.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                      If someone asks me about math or biology or literature or any of the useless things I know about, I could talk away. When it comes to dating, I'm clueless. I have no confidence with men and I always assume he will have a girlfriend already and isn't interested in me. I don't know what he'll say, but I get too scared and shy to say anything.
                      I understand your trepidation. I spent most of my life being scared of dating, and now I'm much more confident.

That doesn't make me fearless, though.

Comment

Men can be completely clueless, particularly us geeky types. Possibly some autism spectrum thing going on there with a lot of us.

Don't be afraid to drop the clue by four. By direct and don't try to play coy or drop subtle hints. If you play coy its quite possible he may never even know you're interested in him. Subtle hints are usually not noticed.

Also the whole idea that women can never make the "first move" is way outdated. If you see someone you like, introduce yourself. Be polite, say hello, and just open up with some chat at first, and then see how things go from there. This goes regardless of gender.

Comment

Coffee is not creepy.

Rapscallion
                          I thought the shades of grey (all 50 of them) involved the dungeon, whips, and chains.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                            ... he explained the programming of the TI84 ...
                            Let me punch your buttons and we'll see what the result is... O-o-o-h! A hyperbolic!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              I thought the shades of grey (all 50 of them) involved the dungeon, whips, and chains.
                              Beat me to it.

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
                                Beat me to it.
                                "With whips and chains!"

/Rocky

Back to the subject. Just asking him for a coffee date isn't a commitment to bear his children. It's a pretty solid indication that you like him, which is more than most blokes get (or notice). You may have to be a little more direct if he doesn't get it, because the average chap is pretty clueless when it comes to noticing interest.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X