This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least he has good work ethic

So this is a story from Hubby's workplace.

Cast:
    Hubs - my husband, the field supervisor
    DCW - Drunk (off-duty) Coworker, the star of this tale
    Patrol - Patrol guard on duty
    SCW - Sober off-duty coworker

Thursday
    So on Thursday Hubs called up DCW to see about working a shift Friday evening. DCW said he couldn't because he had plans but would call back if anything changed. Hubs never heard back from DCW, found alternate coverage for the shift, and thought nothing more of it.

Friday Night
    Hubs was driving around doing his thing when he got a call from DCW.
    Hubs: "Hello?"
    DCW: *incoherent mumbling* *hang up*
    Hubs tried a couple times to call back DCW, but it would just ring until it went to voicemail. Hubs shrugged it off and continued doing his thing.

Thirty minutes or so later, Hubs was just arriving at a late-night sandwich shop downtown when he got a call from Patrol.
    Patrol: "Yeah, I'm at the office and DCW is here?"
    Hubs: "Um, why?"
    Patrol: "He says he's supposed to work?"
    Hubs: "Okay, put DCW on the phone."
    DCW: *slurring his speech* "Yeah, I'm here like you wanted!"
    Hubs: "Um...you aren't supposed to work until tomorrow."
    DCW: "I know when I'm supposed to work! So where do you want me?"
    Hubs: "Okay, just stay there. I'm picking something up and then I'll be at the office."

Hubs went in to grab a snack and ran into SCW and his buddies who were off-duty at the time.
    SCW: "Hey, have you seen DCW?"
    Hubs: "I just got off the phone with him actually. He's at the office right now."
    DCW: "Why is he there?"
    Hubs: "I don't know. I'm heading there to find out."
    SCW: "He was with us a bit ago, and he just freaked out and ran off all of a sudden!"

Talking with SCW and his buddies, Hubs learned that they'd been at a few local bars in town before DCW ran off. SCW convinced Hubs to take him back to the office. So after Hubs procured his snack they went to the office and found DCW in the dispatch office (where the dispatchers were apparently laughing their asses off at DCW).

Hubs: "What are you doing here?"
    DCW: "I realized that I hadn't called you back and you needed me to work. I tried to call you but my husband took my phone away from me, so I ran here and now I'm here." (He had apparently drunkenly ran about two miles through downtown to get to the office.)
    Hubs: "It's okay. You....you really don't need to work tonight. Let's....let's just get you home. Just don't worry about it; we got the shift covered."
    DCW: *looked sad* "No, I'll do it."
    Hubs: "No, it's really okay."
    Dispatch: *just sitting back and taking it all in*

So Hubs drove DCW and SCW back to DCW's place. As DCW stumbled out of the car, he apparently realized he had no keys. SCW was parked nearby and drove them to SCW's grandma's house so they could look up a phone number of someone who apparently had a set of keys to DCW's place. Hubs left them at that.

Hubs later found out that DCW had told Patrol while they were both at the office that Hubs owed him a blowjob for making him come into work.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

This, children, is why some people shouldn't drink in public. Or at all.

And while it's nice that everyone got a good laugh out of it, I hope the DCW realizes how terrible it makes him look to his employer. And how concerned it might make them at giving responsibility to someone who is willing to come to work drunk.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      This, children, is why some people shouldn't drink in public. Or at all.

And while it's nice that everyone got a good laugh out of it, I hope the DCW realizes how terrible it makes him look to his employer. And how concerned it might make them at giving responsibility to someone who is willing to come to work drunk.
      That's how not to become Employee of the Month, in other words.

Pathetic it is.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X