This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to traumatize small children

Looking for a DVD for friend's kids. 'Happy Tree Friends..that will do... cheerful cast of characters...annoyingly jangly tune that plays...body parts being severed...blades...torture.....'... and quickly return to shelves 😈
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Wait, there are DVDs of those? I thought they were YouTube originals!

Comment

I have to admit, when I saw Kit posted this, I was pretty concerned. This isn't as bad as I thought it would be!
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        Wait, there are DVDs of those? I thought they were YouTube originals!
        HTF predates YouTube by quite a margin; it was originally Flash cartoons! They're all on YouTube now due to inevitability more than anything else nowadays, but they appeared on DVD as early as 2002.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Those things were disturbing when they first came out. There is no way in hell that I would watch they again now and I normally have a fairly twisted sense of humour.

(Has anyone seen Salad Fingers? It's even more disturbing especially for a flash cartoon.)
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            HTF predates YouTube by quite a margin; it was originally Flash cartoons! They're all on YouTube now due to inevitability more than anything else nowadays, but they appeared on DVD as early as 2002.
            OK, I learned something today.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              Looking for a DVD for friend's kids. 'Happy Tree Friends..that will do... cheerful cast of characters...annoyingly jangly tune that plays...body parts being severed...blades...torture.....'... and quickly return to shelves 😈
              I just had to check out YouTube for that show.

Now I'm going to go watch some nice, like Sausage Party.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                Those things were disturbing when they first came out. There is no way in hell that I would watch they again now and I normally have a fairly twisted sense of humour.

(Has anyone seen Salad Fingers? It's even more disturbing especially for a flash cartoon.)
                Even I found them disturbing and I have a just as bad sense of humour.

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                OK, I learned something today.
                Me too.

Comment

Working...
                X